New brass?

Rilow

Been reloading some rounds for some of my rifles with factory fired cases.im no expert on reloading but have been happy with some of my results. Bear with me if this is a stupid question, I bought some new star line brass for my 7mm-08, should I run this brass through the sizing die first or load as is? Thanks always get answers to my questions on here n appreciate it

No such thing as a stupid question buddy.
No need to resize brand new brass.

Resizing is needed typically after shooting a semi automatic rifle as the brass keeps expanding for a very short time after coming out of the chamber. The new brass will "fire form" to your rifle. I'm assuming you have a bolt rifle.

Resizing is needed typically after shooting a semi automatic rifle as the brass keeps expanding for a very short time after coming out of the chamber. The new brass will "fire form" to your rifle. I'm assuming you have a bolt rifle.

As stated earlier unless the necks are out of round or there is some kind of feed problem you do not need to Size new brass but I always full resize anyway

Hey Bill,
You got me curious buddy.
After a round his been fire formed in your rifle it is now customized to your particular chamber.

What benefit do you get from resizing a fire formed cartridge?

I'm learning about reloading.

Moby

Hey Bill,
After a round his been fire formed in your rifle it is now customized to your particular chamber.

Moby
I full-size the first time before I even use the brass so I know it will fit and it is all consistent after that I only neck size until I have a feed problems or chambering problems then I will bump shoulders back I also might have some 300 WinMag brass that is truly only fired once from factory ammo the brass would be free you pay shipping let me know And yes once it is shot and fire formed in your chamber it is a perfect fit for your chamber it may or may not fit in someone else's rifle and the same is true for you getting once fired brass may or may not fit your chamber which is why I would full-size everything before I start

Hey Bill,

Moby
There is no benefit to resizing fire form brass if it came from your rifle And I am sure there will be many different opinions because some people full size every time some do not the more experience you get you will form your own opinion

There is no benefit to resizing fire form brass if it came from your rifle And I am sure there will be many different opinions because some people full size every time some do not the more experience you get you will form your own opinion

Bill that offer for brass is very generous sir!!
I have a 300 WSM however.

Not many would offer free anything.
Bless ya Partner

Moby

Yes sir

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.