Improving the 308 Win performance

Thank you for the answers. Lapua it is. Next timeI stumble into BR2s I will pick some up to see what they do too. Plenty of CCI 450 on hand.

It isn't that I choose the frigid, it seems to be more about the timing, someday it will be different.

Without derailing this thread, Terri there are scopes out there with very little eye relief. Saw this very thing cause a 300 Win. Mag. Ruger stainless drop a fella's eye. He had been shooting his 30-06 wanting to try the 300 W.M. which had one of those short eye relief scopes on what is already a light rifle in the Ruger 77 stainless with that plastic stock on some of them.
I plan on trying the 308 Winchester and 130 gr Barnes along with some BD 2 150 when the weather warms up. I do very little testing in cold weather for a couple of reasons.
I agree, there are scopes out there with very little eye relief. They are not designed for heavy recoiling rifles and should not be placed on one. Eye relief is of grave importance if one values their eyesight. That scope that hits an eyebrow can easily hit lower and damage an eye. I for one do not have any scopes, even those on my .223 or 22LR that have less than a 4 inch eye relief. Even with proper eye relief if the rifle is not held correctly the scope can come back and hit the eye. Vision is precious, take care of it. :cool:

I agree, there are scopes out there with very little eye relief. They are not designed for heavy recoiling rifles and should not be placed on one. Eye relief is of grave importance if one values their eyesight. That scope that hits an eyebrow can easily hit lower and damage an eye. I for one do not have any scopes, even those on my .223 or 22LR that have less than a 4 inch eye relief. Even with proper eye relief if the rifle is not held correctly the scope can come back and hit the eye. Vision is precious, take care of it. :cool:
Lots of folks starting out make this mistake. Just stating a fact, that I would imagine, as mentioned here, lots of us have seen over the years. Take that lightweight Ruger for instance, holding it tight will still allow movement to the rear. The example I gave was a 220 to 230 lb gentleman who had been previosly shooting a 30/06. Not his first shooting session, yet the set up, lightweight, recoil and his technique yielded him a very nasty gash above his eye. This was 20 to 25 years ago when folks would use cheaper equipment because they were just deer hunting around my area. Just a fact that I myself have witnessed while shooting.
Have a nice day.
🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

I'm not going to read all 29 pages of this to find out. Did nralifer ever get a 175 bd2 up to 2900 with a 24" barrel?

no ware that i know of since Lapua made their announcement. Alpha, Peterson or Starline will be your best chance but even they are out of stock everywhere i have looked.
Just looked on Graf & Sons. They have 260 Rem SRP brass in stock. You can expand the neck to .308 internal diameter or neck down to .243.

I'm not going to read all 29 pages of this to find out. Did nralifer ever get a 175 bd2 up to 2900 with a 24" barrel?
Got it to 2944 in 26" barrel. The 24" is next. Had to set up an Oehler to shoot from my garage as the spot I used the Lab Radar is snowed in. I should have results this week.