Impressed with the sendero results

Great shooting! Enjoyed the video! Glad to see the 230's are stabilizing and shooting well out of your RUM. I'll be working up a load for them in mine shortly.

Maybe I missed it, but did you hit the 2111 yd rock?

I saw a hit on the second shot on the low right edge of it, there is some light colored grass or rock right next to where it hit. Just a little puff of dust can be seen.

Nice shooting huntthedistance

2111 is nothing special other than two hits in two shots. The first one is right on top of it. The second is right of center on the lower side as well.

Nice video.
I use the same bullet in my 300 wm, and I have shot 5 deer the last two days with it. Bullet works great, only shot out to about 600 yards, (540 meters), and it made a clean kill.
Shot a deer today using the new 220 grs Lapua OTM L-Scenar, and it also works great. Exit was the size of a tennisball, but very little blood around the wound. I liked it :)

20130904_221629_zpsd89e6a7b.jpg

Nice video.
I use the same bullet in my 300 wm, and I have shot 5 deer the last two days with it. Bullet works great, only shot out to about 600 yards, (540 meters), and it made a clean kill.
Shot a deer today using the new 220 grs Lapua OTM L-Scenar, and it also works great. Exit was the size of a tennisball, but very little blood around the wound. I liked it :)

20130904_221629_zpsd89e6a7b.jpg

That is awesome thanks for sharing with me.

Very nice shooting !!! You must be out of Butte?

I will also be using the 230gr targets out of my rum for elk this year. Haven't stretched quite as far as you have but let's just say if an elk presents its self with perfect conditions at 1200 yards its all over.

I love love love the 300 rum it's a caliber that will always have a place in the safe. Two in this caliber actually.

Thanks for the video!

Awesome video. Them senderos r pretty darn accurate out of the box, but a guy would never think there that good. Keeep the videos coming.

My Sendero 300 RUM never shot much under an inch with any bullet/load combo I tried. Sent it back to Remington for warranty work, which they accepted, but it didn't help much. (BTW, Remington's 1 inch guarantee is measured for only 3 shots from nearest edge to nearest edge, not center bore. What a difference that makes in group size) The best use I found for my Sendero was as the down payment on a custom rifle build.

Glad to hear that not everyone had such a poor experience with their Senderos.

I speak personally have not seen one not shoot with three things beside good scope. Load tinkering, bedding and a muzzle brake. And for fun get rid of the new x mark trigger that seems to adjust to 3.5 pounds no matter what you do.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.