2224 Yards with the LRKM

Topshot / Buffalo Bob,

I beleive that the bigest problem in extreme range developement is exactly what Bob has described, it is so difficult given our limited equipment etc to develope accurate BC info / velocity limits because of the many variables that come into play at extreme ranges. I know what we are using is working really well for us right now but that dosen't mean it will work for every setup. I beleive this is one of those things that just take some time and effort to setup right.

Also when I was at the NRA this show yr I spoke with oehler research & there currently working on a ELR wirless acoustic chronograph. How bitchen would that be!!

I think the guys over at the hide used Dopler a couple months ago. Don't hold me to this but I think they came up with a G7 bc of. 389. I think they did test in Arizona.
That G7 B.C. was an average. It will work ok up to a certain distance and at a particular elevation range but for accurate work at all ranges out to extreme distance then I think a custom set of banded B.C. numbers would be better.

That G7 B.C. was an average. It will work ok up to a certain distance and at a particular elevation range but for accurate work at all ranges out to extreme distance then I think a custom set of banded B.C. numbers would be better.

I have seen where I worked out a set of custom banded BC's to a mile and then found one single G-7 BC that worked for the entire curve to within .1 or .2 of a MOA. Not saying this is true with every rifle, but it sure is with some.

In Buffalobobs post #12 in this thread. Especially the second paragraph. I find this to be exactly what I have learned as well.

Jeff

I am well aware of banded BC's and there uses. "Huntinco" asked if anybody has used Doppler and I tried to answer his question. I guess I should have not posted what they found for a G7 BC. To tell the truth, I could care less what they found out, just thought it was interesting reading.

I am only concerned with my rifles BC's and the days/weeks I spend finding drops that work for me. I have not found one shortcut when it comes to "Precision Long Range Hunting". :D

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.