Im I an idiot

Good morning all, I've been waiting for 6.5 PRC ammo to show up again and Mile High just received the batch of Hornaday 6.5 PRC 147gr eldm, I ordered two cases, one for me and one for a buddy, the out the door delivered was $1,550. I feel violated but I still need the ammo. It average $76 a box With tax and shipping.
Seems logical that if we wanna play, we're gonna pay....alot !!

@Hoggetter

Per the title of the thread, I don't think you're an idiot. If you have the means to support the passion that we all here have (without neglecting any of your other affairs) then you gotta do what you gotta do this day and age.

This brings to mind one of my favorite movies of all time (Point Break) where Patrick Swayze ("Bodhi") says, "If you want the ultimate you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price." 😉 Just be sure you and your buddy make every round count!😂

Here's an interesting thought: maybe you will shoot better to maximize the number of rounds you purchased.! Sounds reasonable to me!

Wow…. Just Wow! That's a bummer.
Hand loading has been getting steep also along with component availability problems but I'd rather go to the dentist and get a filling than pay that for ammo!!

From what I've seen that seems to be the going price. At $3.80 a pop that really stings. It's on par with my current .375 Snipetac load…excluding the reloading equipment I've acquired over the past 2 decades.😂