Im I an idiot

Good morning all, I've been waiting for 6.5 PRC ammo to show up again and Mile High just received the batch of Hornaday 6.5 PRC 147gr eldm, I ordered two cases, one for me and one for a buddy, the out the door delivered was $1,550. I feel violated but I still need the ammo. It average $76 a box With tax and shipping.
They saw you coming! No lube either.

Good morning all, I've been waiting for 6.5 PRC ammo to show up again and Mile High just received the batch of Hornaday 6.5 PRC 147gr eldm, I ordered two cases, one for me and one for a buddy, the out the door delivered was $1,550. I feel violated but I still need the ammo. It average $76 a box With tax and shipping.
Hoggetter if that is what you wanted and your heart was set on that particular brand and the price was right for you,I would say you got what you wanted & are satisfied with it. So be it,its your decision and your wallet so go shoot it and enjoy it!!

In 1981, the year I got married, I went on a 28 day hunting trip. antelope, on a huge ranch in Wyoming hunt charged a $75 tresspass fee, and allowed me to sleep in the sheep barn. It was better than some motels. Then pack in elk hunt in the West Elk wilderness area for two weeks in Colorado. Wait three days for 1st rifle season for mule deer. Took all three, deer and antelope were trophy class, elk was rag horn five pt. What does this have to do with ammo prices. I paid less for that hunt than his ammo.

wow.. that is something that make me feel . sick.... reload .my friend ....reload!!!

I understand the more you pay for the ammo the better the ballistics... that's what I keep telling myself anyway...

Just running some numbers, that comes out to about $3.75 a round , but if you need it, you pay. I started to reload a few years ago for 300 win mag , 6.5 Creedmoor and.25-06 minus all the dies and loading equipment up to now , with today's powder and primers prices , I'm at just short of $1 per round and that's assuming my new brass will be reloaded at least 7 times.Glad I took the leap.

Price vs. availability. -The sermon right after supply vs. demand. Yeah, I have a 6.5 C. And steam as well at what scalpers want for .35 Rem. But if I find .308 and .30-06 on the shelf, that's what I'll shoot.

Don't be to hard on yourself. Now you gots to think how you can recap some of the money spent by selling 1x fired brass to other 6.5 PRC got to haves.

Last edited:
One advantage to being older is that within a week I've forgotten that I paid $320 for 2k primers.....I think. Almost had to get a bank loan to gas up my truck today and couldn't help but think how I would have rather paid that much for just one pound of RL26 instead. LGB!