Identifying Senderos

The Sendero has had 2 styles of HS Precision stocks, the same goes for the VLS. VSSF/VSSF II. The Long Range uses a B&C stock.
I have owned and worked on all of these models, the HS Precision is definitely my preferred stock. The Sendero 1 has a HS Precision stock that has no palm swell and single front swivel stud with beaver tail fore end. The Sendero II has twin front swivels, palm swell and beaver tail fore end. All have the harder recoil pad than the B&C on the LR.
Hope this helps.

Cheers.
These are the true differences

Question, I purchased a Rem 22-250 Varminster back in the mid 70's . Is it an early version of a Sendero?? I also have a VSSF in 223, nasty PD gun!!

The Sendero has had 2 styles of HS Precision stocks, the same goes for the VLS. VSSF/VSSF II. The Long Range uses a B&C stock.
I have owned and worked on all of these models, the HS Precision is definitely my preferred stock. The Sendero 1 has a HS Precision stock that has no palm swell and single front swivel stud with beaver tail fore end. The Sendero II has twin front swivels, palm swell and beaver tail fore end. All have the harder recoil pad than the B&C on the LR.
Hope this helps.

Cheers.
My Sendero 1 has HS stock, no palm swell and 2 front swivel studs and of course no black in the flutes.

I know that there atleast 2 and possibly 3 different generations (for lack of a better term) of Remington Senderos. I have 2 that I don't want to remove from the stocks this close to season. Both have been fine tuned for my hunting. 1 is a 300 wm and the other is a 300 rum. Does anyone know the cut off s/n for the different series. I think that the main difference is the brand of stock and I don't the differences between them.
Thanks, scpaul
All senderos have H&S, 1st gen black heavy barrel, then stainless fluted, then on to painted flutes with palm swell. This is all I'm aware of in the senderos. The gen 2 has more choice of calibers and hard to find. Like 2506, 7stw.

My Sendero 1 has HS stock, no palm swell and 2 front swivel studs and of course no black in the flutes.
Yes, there are variations, same goes for the blued VSF models, some have 1 front swivel, some have 2.
I wasn't going to list all the variants.

Cheers.

Have owned a gen 1 with an HS no palm swell in the blued version non fluted barrel in 270 win. My buddy bought the stainless version in 25-06 that had flutes and no palm swell HS stock. Both bought new around 2001. I also bought a gen 2 in 25-06 stainless with blacked out flutes and palm swell stock around 2008. Both mine ended up as donors but kinda wish I'd kept the gen 1 intact.

Like others have said there are some smaller run variations of the gen1 out that turn up on gunbroker on occasion. Laminated stock and blued fluted barrel models. The senderos all were long action calibers from what I've seen.

I have a 7/08 that's supposed to be a varmint vls but it's identical to the picture of the gen 1 Sendero that Baldhunter posted right down to the pattern of checkering on the laminated stock and the long heavy barrel. My barrel is 26" long, has a barrel crown that is dished in shape and is close to 1" in diameter and seems to be polished better than most standard 700's. I've haven't changed anything since I bought it. It's always been extremely accurate from the first round. It's been used many kids to take their first deer.

Have owned a gen 1 with an HS no palm swell in the blued version non fluted barrel in 270 win. My buddy bought the stainless version in 25-06 that had flutes and no palm swell HS stock. Both bought new around 2001. I also bought a gen 2 in 25-06 stainless with blacked out flutes and palm swell stock around 2008. Both mine ended up as donors but kinda wish I'd kept the gen 1 intact.

Like others have said there are some smaller run variations of the gen1 out that turn up on gunbroker on occasion. Laminated stock and blued fluted barrel models. The senderos all were long action calibers from what I've seen.
I had the same one in 25-06 at the time when the blued and stainless version were available, late 90's I believe. I had both versions after I bought the stainless version, and shot the barrel out on the CM version pretty quickly.

Worked in a GS at the time and took full advantage of the staff discount.

Cheers.