Identifying Senderos

scpaul

I know that there atleast 2 and possibly 3 different generations (for lack of a better term) of Remington Senderos. I have 2 that I don't want to remove from the stocks this close to season. Both have been fine tuned for my hunting. 1 is a 300 wm and the other is a 300 rum. Does anyone know the cut off s/n for the different series. I think that the main difference is the brand of stock and I don't the differences between them.
Thanks, scpaul

The first gen were blued with synthetic stocks, around 1996 they started with stainless and fluted barrels, the latest gen are stainless fluted with dark flutes. I can't help with the s/n but I believe the first gen were same barrel and Bell Carlson stock as the 700p, but long action. My dad picked one up new in 98/99 it was 2nd gen.

I didn't know that they made a blued version. I'm under the impression that they made 2 versions that were stainless fluted barrels and the 3rd version up to now. I haven't put mine side X side but I thought that there was some stock differences. I'm guessing that you know better than me.

Thanks, both of mine are Senderos but I think that I have one of each stocks. Does the B&C have the chasis or do both?

HS Precision has the aluminum beddeing block in the stock and B&C does as well main difference is the wider forearm on the B&C and the thickness on each side of the barrel,B&C are wider at the point on each side of the barrel on the top of the stock (barrel channel sides) HS are narrower at this point,

The early blued ones had an HS just like the 700P. I believe the first version of the stainless/fluted Sendero also had an HS. I'm not sure when/if they switched to the BC.

I believe its when the 700 Long Range came about that they started using B&C Stocks

I really do appreciate the responses. I do love my Senderos. I don't have very many takers when I offer to let people fire the RUM. They try to control the recoil instead of rolling/working with it. I've had alot of fun watching them.

The Sendero has had 2 styles of HS Precision stocks, the same goes for the VLS. VSSF/VSSF II. The Long Range uses a B&C stock.
I have owned and worked on all of these models, the HS Precision is definitely my preferred stock. The Sendero 1 has a HS Precision stock that has no palm swell and single front swivel stud with beaver tail fore end. The Sendero II has twin front swivels, palm swell and beaver tail fore end. All have the harder recoil pad than the B&C on the LR.
Hope this helps.

Cheers.

I have a "Sendero Special" that's not blued, some kind of coating, H&S stock, non-fluted 24'' 25-06.

One of two factory rifles I ever regretted getting rid of....it shot extremely well for a factory gun.