Need help identifying these cartridges.

See you made me start doubting myself, but I proved myself right this time. a 25 wssm has a case head/rim diameter larger than a 300 H&H Mag. If there is/were something called a BR-DX it would just be the dasher. bot the BRX and Dasher are improved versions of the 6 BR

The correct answers were: 4.6x30,22 PPC, 6.5x55, 300 H&H, 30-378 WTHBY, 9.3x74R, 416 Dakota, 505 Gibbs

Well had I gotten the first one right I would have been right on the third. I knew that 6.5x55 looked like a 6.5x55 but the 6.5x50 has about the same angles. that 22 PPC didn't seem to have enough body taper in the picture for a PPC. When I looked at the dimensions of a PPC against a BR or BRX I determined BRX based on the taper, or lack of and the shoulder angle. I considered all of those except the 4.6x30 which I have never even heard of, and that is odd, because I have at least seen something written of just about any cartridge I see. Learned something new. Thanks for updating us!

I also have never heard of the 4.6x30, it took the guy that got it right like 30 guesses at least to get it right.

Had time for further inspection on the measurement and vis comparison chart. I STILL say the second is a BRX. Too fat and too little taper for a PPC. I will buy that the 4.6x30 is that. and my first instinct was that the third was a 6.5x55. did they show a picture of the case head markings?

Had time for further inspection on the measurement and vis comparison chart. I STILL say the second is a BRX. Too fat and too little taper for a PPC. I will buy that the 4.6x30 is that. and my first instinct was that the third was a 6.5x55. did they show a picture of the case head markings?
No they didnt.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.