I love coyote hunting!

Sykes

Had a good morning today at my dads ranch. Checked a dead calf at daylight and seen 4 there. They slinked off and then one came in from my left. I took him down at 225 yards. Saw two headed down the feed trail so I set out after them. Ranged them at 440, dialed my scope then got closer and forgot I dialed! Missed! Made a loop and walked down the river to the ridge above the dead calf. 2 there at 316 yards, shot one. Looked back to check progress of the one I saw to the south and he was headed away. Turned back around and there were 2 more yotes, got another. I counted 21 this morning, definently could have counted a few twice but feel confident there were at least 15, minus 3 now. Makes for 12 I've killed there in 2 weeks. I'm shooting a Kimber Pro Varmint 22-250 VX5HD 3-15x44 with 40 gr Berger Varmint bullets. That little bullet sure puts the smak down
20191223_084948.jpg

Had a good morning today at my dads ranch. Checked a dead calf at daylight and seen 4 there. They slinked off and then one came in from my left. I took him down at 225 yards. Saw two headed down the feed trail so I set out after them. Ranged them at 440, dialed my scope then got closer and forgot I dialed! Missed! Made a loop and walked down the river to the ridge above the dead calf. 2 there at 316 yards, shot one. Looked back to check progress of the one I saw to the south and he was headed away. Turned back around and there were 2 more yotes, got another. I counted 21 this morning, definently could have counted a few twice but feel confident there were at least 15, minus 3 now. Makes for 12 I've killed there in 2 weeks. I'm shooting a Kimber Pro Varmint 22-250 VX5HD 3-15x44 with 40 gr Berger Varmint bullets. That little bullet sure puts the smak downView attachment 164646
I think those 3-15 VX5HDS are one of the best coyote scopes out there. I have the 56mm on my coyote gun - its sweet man.

I have a 14tw swift that has been useless for years so I think I will do some shopping.

Awesome. Killed a volunteer two days ago. A friend and I call them. Up to a dozen now for the winter in two weeks.

Had a good morning today at my dads ranch. Checked a dead calf at daylight and seen 4 there. They slinked off and then one came in from my left. I took him down at 225 yards. Saw two headed down the feed trail so I set out after them. Ranged them at 440, dialed my scope then got closer and forgot I dialed! Missed! Made a loop and walked down the river to the ridge above the dead calf. 2 there at 316 yards, shot one. Looked back to check progress of the one I saw to the south and he was headed away. Turned back around and there were 2 more yotes, got another. I counted 21 this morning, definently could have counted a few twice but feel confident there were at least 15, minus 3 now. Makes for 12 I've killed there in 2 weeks. I'm shooting a Kimber Pro Varmint 22-250 VX5HD 3-15x44 with 40 gr Berger Varmint bullets. That little bullet sure puts the smak downView attachment 164646
Mighty fine ,good color ,good shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.