I love coyote hunting!

Had a good morning today at my dads ranch. Checked a dead calf at daylight and seen 4 there. They slinked off and then one came in from my left. I took him down at 225 yards. Saw two headed down the feed trail so I set out after them. Ranged them at 440, dialed my scope then got closer and forgot I dialed! Missed! Made a loop and walked down the river to the ridge above the dead calf. 2 there at 316 yards, shot one. Looked back to check progress of the one I saw to the south and he was headed away. Turned back around and there were 2 more yotes, got another. I counted 21 this morning, definently could have counted a few twice but feel confident there were at least 15, minus 3 now. Makes for 12 I've killed there in 2 weeks. I'm shooting a Kimber Pro Varmint 22-250 VX5HD 3-15x44 with 40 gr Berger Varmint bullets. That little bullet sure puts the smak downView attachment 164646

Looks good ,coyotes are my number one hunting specie,squirrels ,#2 ground hogs#3,turkeys #4,and deer #5,nice looking dogs there.

I've killed 20 since I started this thread. Lost a few that are problay dead but I'm only counting ones I've put my hands on. The ones at night are starting to get smart when they see my light so most have been in the mornings. Sold 14 last tuesday and Killed 5 more last weekend.
20200104_090237.jpg
20200111_113204.jpg
Did him a favor with my 6mm creedmoor and a 108 ELDM

I've killed 20 since I started this thread. Lost a few that are problay dead but I'm only counting ones I've put my hands on. The ones at night are starting to get smart when they see my light so most have been in the mornings. Sold 14 last tuesday and Killed 5 more last weekend.
View attachment 169213 View attachment 169214Did him a favor with my 6mm creedmoor and a 108 ELDM
Mighty fine hunting there,we're about toe to toe as far as kills,however your yotes put my easterns to shame,i'm taking the bulk of mine in the morning,good luck to you,keep pictures rolling.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.