I know I am not the only one: Weatherby 307

I meant: I am wondering what will happen to the Vanguard model now that they have an entry level model to market.
Ahhhhh....just another new offering to compliment both lines I do believe. We were booking these in February. Weatherbys first Chassis and the other I believe to go against the Hog hunter line-up Savage offers. One man's thoughts who sells them!

I didn't know that the Vanguard was introduced in 1971
IMG_8678.jpeg

I thought it was time I join this great forum. It was great reading the responses to our launch of the new Model 307. To reference the previous posts as to where it is made, our engineering and product team designed the product and we either source certain components here in the U.S. to our specifications with top end machine shops or we machine many of the components right in Sheridan, WY at our headquarters. This is the same process as with our high end Mark V. All finish work, assembly, cerakote, barrel machining, fluting, bolt finishing, chambering, stock finishing, etc... are done in Sheridan.

We are looking forward to our first production shipments this summer of the Model 307. As you can see from my letter that Darryle posted, we believe it will be a great addition to the Vanguard and Mark V actions!

Adam Weatherby

I thought it was time I join this great forum. It was great reading the responses to our launch of the new Model 307. To reference the previous posts as to where it is made, our engineering and product team designed the product and we either source certain components here in the U.S. to our specifications with top end machine shops or we machine many of the components right in Sheridan, WY at our headquarters. This is the same process as with our high end Mark V. All finish work, assembly, cerakote, barrel machining, fluting, bolt finishing, chambering, stock finishing, etc... are done in Sheridan.

We are looking forward to our first production shipments this summer of the Model 307. As you can see from my letter that Darryle posted, we believe it will be a great addition to the Vanguard and Mark V actions!

Adam Weatherby
Welcome to the forum Adam. One of these days I will sneak out of the shop here in Gillette and see the showroom in Sheridan. Glad you chose our great state when the time came to relocate.

I toured the plant last fall and was pretty impressed with the operation and their vision.

Weatherby's support to the outdoor industry and habitat/conservation programs is second to none.

They sure aren't your dad's Weatherby any more... unless, of course, you want one like dad's because they still make them too!

Whatever any of us think, they are an icon in the shooting/hunting world and survived a multitude of industry changes and adversity.

Adam Weatherby
Stick around here and you learn a little about rifles and bullets…., son. 😉 kidding of course. Very glad to have you here among us deplorable folks. Well, most of us anyway

I will say, when I get a handle on "life" and I get BACK out to your wonderful state, I'll have my teenage son with me. I want him to tour your facility and see where the "chunker" is made. Then we gonna ease on up to the 406 and see how the "rocks" are made. It'll give him a new appreciation for the kills he's already experienced.
In the meantime, I'll do my part to and see that some of his kills are made with a 307.

Very glad to have you aboard. Lots of knowledge and experience here from some of the real deals, some has beens, (like me), and some new and up coming stars.