I jumped on the 22 Creedmoor bandwagon

Flintlock shooter

About 4 years ago I bought 600 pieces of Alpha SP 22 Creedmoor brass, Whidden dies and a reamer. A couple years before that I had gotten a Defiance Deviant Elite action off a prize table. Never used any of it.....until the day before yesterday. I got a 8 twist barrel blank from Ace Barrels to have a 26" finished length and chambered it up. Did a little load development yesterday with 75gr ELDM/StaBall 6.5 and to say I'm happy is an understatement. I will possibly have to continue to tweak my load a little because the pics below are shots 11, 12 and 13 thru this Ace Barrel.
I was VERY lucky with my starting load/OAL being so close to what seems to work. This rifle is only going to be used for Thermal hunting so I'll mount and zero my HALO-XRF today and be out looking for coyotes with it tonight.

PS I really don't wanna hear all the crap about a 3 shot group. ;-)

IMG_0467.jpg
IMG_0468.jpg

Last edited:
@Flintlock shooter Do not go for higher velocity. That is RIGHT where the 22 creed likes to be, and don't let anyone try to convince you otherwise. You'll have consistent performance, minimal POI shift, and long barrel life.

I'm just gathering parts. Borden alpine magnum action, Hawkins bdl bottom metal, bartlien sporter 3 barrel 28" finish, drilled .219, 8.25-8" twist. 400modbb steel hopefully able to stabilize 88 gr eld. Most likely sammi reamer? Stock to be determined. What are your thoughts on the reamer? I live/shoot at 5000' elevation. I have no.problem using 75 & 80 gr if 88s don't shoot.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

@stazmania said: I'm just gathering parts. Borden alpine magnum action, Hawkins bdl bottom metal, bartlien sporter 3 barrel 28" finish, drilled .219, 8.25-8" twist. 400modbb steel hopefully able to stabilize 88 gr eld. Most likely sammi reamer? Stock to be determined. What are your thoughts on the reamer? I live/shoot at 5000' elevation. I have no.problem using 75 & 80 gr if 88s don't shoot.

He said this... I didn't say this... just for people looking on. lol

I haven't actually seen the print from hornady's approved SAAMI spec on the 22 creed yet. So I can't comment on what is good/bad/ugly.

Basically, don't go smaller than .260" neck, and don't go shorter than .100" freebore... and a standard 1°30 lead is fine. (otherwise expressed as 1.5°)

I really need to track down the SAAMI print to take a look at it.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate