Help with 22 Creedmoor load problems

Pat Thank you. So i did what you asked. Removed the bolt group inserted a Petersen factory round and it went in smooth and dropped out freely. I inserted my load and it seemed to go in freely however wouldn't drop out without a rod to touch it out. I used a mic and and measured the two pieces and found that my round has a .001 small flange at the end of the brass. I'm sure it is pushing through my neck bushing however the brass is .010 shorter than the factory round. Do you think .001 would be enough to cause the problem?

To add to brass question did you use a bushing die to take them down?
If so you they will eventually get a donut at shoulder junction so that may something to look for during seating.
Venatic That is what I'm seeing right at the end of the brass. It measured .001 lager than the factory loads I have.

Since you sized down 6.5 brass check your neck diameter, might need to turn them. Also make sure brass length hasn't grown too far from necking down. Trimming could also be in order.

If you cant slide a bullet into the mouth of a fired case, your necks are to thick. Might need to turn them. Will cause major pressure at any charge.

since you're using 6.5 brass necked down to .22 I'm wondering if the neck walls are to thick.
See if a loaded round will go into the chamber, with the gun broken down, no bolt group .. If the round won't chamber freely the neck diameter of a loaded round may exceed the chamber neck diameter.

With primers falling out I'd be exceedingly cautious, especially with an AR.. Catastrophic failure in the making
Pat Thank you. So i did what you asked. Removed the bolt group inserted a Petersen factory round and it went in smooth and dropped out freely. I inserted my load and it seemed to go in freely however wouldn't drop out without a rod to touch it out. I used a mic and and measured the two pieces and found that my round has a .001 small flange at the end of the brass. I'm sure it is pushing through my neck bushing however the brass is .010 shorter than the factory round. Do you think .001 would be enough to cause the problem?
Are you talking about the mouth of the case ?
Yes

Do you chamfer and deburr the case mouth after you size and cut them to length ? What is the wall thickness of the case neck material ? I do know that several have mentioned the necks may need turned . It is quite common for the case to be short when you size the necks down as it puts a lot of pressure on the brass to push the necks down that small . I'm wandering what primers are you using and have you measured them and the primmer pockets ? Have you measured the bullets just out of curiosity I did one time find some that were a little over sized some how . I had an A R 10 that started the same thing but with factory loads in 308 it was a combination of several small things then when I got it all figured out a friend of mine wanted to buy it so he now has it . You will get it to work correctly and then please let us know the things you have found .

Measure your factory round neck diameter with bullet in case. ( unfired) do the same with your reloaded unfired cartridge and see if yours is thicker.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.