22-250 load

tradbowhunter

I was looking for some new loads for my 22-250s and i noticed nobody lists H414 as a go to powder, ive been loading this for over 30yrs.....My fav load in my and my sons rifles is 40grs with a 52 gr speer hollowpt , this load has shot out of over20 some 250s....If at about 300yds or under this load never exits and is devastating to yotes.....Just wondering?

Gotta admit I do the same thing. I found a new load for my 250 using imr 3031 and 55gr hornady spire point. Shoots awesome to 300.

I use to use H380 in my .22-250 when i had a factory barrel. After i burnt that one out i went with a faster twist and heavier barrel. Mcgowen SS Select match varmint contour. After finally settling on a load with 80Gr bergers i was happy.
36gr H414, Lapua Brass, w/ bergers jamed something like .003"?

But the other day i wanted to try some 60gr Nosler BT's for Yote hunting. 42gr Superformance in Win brass shot plenty good so i been using that for a couple months now.

But my 600Yd Fclass round still uses H414. Plenty happy i havent tried anything else for 600yd match load.

I use 38 grains of H380 pushing a 50 grain Hornady spsx. It shoots great and makes mist out of ground hogs and alway stops Yotes in there tracks.

I have owned several 22-250's and they all have shot very well with the 50 grain Nosler BT and a book max load of Varget.

+1. Exactly the same thing I shoot. In my rig the 50gr NBTs and SBKs shoot almost exactly the same. VMax's not so much...

Either conpletely deflates mini-varmints, and pretty much drops yotes in their tracks.

I have 3 loads I use in two different guns but about to add another for my b-78.

1. 39 gr. Of h-380 under hornady 52 gr. Match bthp

2. 38 gr. Of h-380 under hornady 55 gr. FMbt

3. 35.2 gr. Of varget under seirre 53 gr. Match bthp
The first two are for my a rifle the ladder is for an encore pistol.

Think I am gonna try 37.5 gr. Of varget under a nosler 40 gr. Ballistic tip. But might go toward something for a 55 gr. ballistic tip.

I shoot h 380 with 55 grain balistic tip boat tail.h 380 got its name because 38 grains of powder was the most acc. out of a 22 250

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts