Nosler 60grain ballistic load problems..

heathbaker

So I went out last weekend with a load that consisted of 24 grains of tac pushing a 60 grain nosler ballistic around 3100 fps. The load clover leafs at a hundred yards. Anyhow, I called in eight coyotes in three hours and shot four of the eight " my partner shot two more" but I only recovered one of the four that i shot?? every one of the coyotes did the same thing... i would shoulder punch it and they would spin. or just take right of into the wild blue yonder. Looking at the coyote i recovered i noticed that the ballistic punched a solid small hole clean through the coyote without expanding?? this was never a prob with the 55grainers? anyone have an answer for this?
Thanks
Heath

It's been my experience Nosler Balistic tips have pretty tough jackets and I'm wondering if you just aren't getting enough speed out of those 60 grainers to make them open up.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.