Huskamaw scope

bstomper

I am looking at a new scope and realy like the idea of the Huskamaw. Of course I live in northern canada and there is nowhere that I can actualy look at/through one. I am a bit sceptical to spend that kind of $$ on something when I can't even look at or hold it. That is a lot of $$ for me to sped on a scope so I want to make sure I will be happy with it. I want to do this right the first time. What kind of quality are these scopes and do they work as good as the ads say they do.
Thanks

I own two of them. Liked the first one so much that I went and bought another. Yes it does everything they claim. I have used them extensively on both targets and game out to 1000 yards(whitetail at 998 yards). I also own three Nightforces and four Leupold MK 4's. I like the Huskemaw better than the Leupolds and haven't found that they give much or anything up to my Nightforces. Resolution and brightness are excellent, even in low light, and the turret adjustments are exact and repeatable. The numerical parallax values match up to the ranges on the dial, and the 1 MOA windage marks on the reticle are precise as well. The support staff was very helpful and responsive when I was ordering turrets, which matched my ballistics charts to the click. The only watch out is while I like the weight and short length, the tube area for mounting the scope rings is rather short. It fits my Cooper fine, but the Savage long action is very tight. Depending on your rifle and required eye relief, you may need extended mounts or a rail. I know there has been some controversy about this scope on this site, but my experience has been very positive. I will mount another one on my next rifle for sure.

I know there has been some controversy about this scope on this site, but my experience has been very positive. I will mount another one on my next rifle for sure.

I have used Huskemaw exclusively for the last 4 years and have no negatives. It does what it says it does - now you be the judge as far as price versus what you want.

There are a ton of people that will say it is overpriced and this and that are better optics - and for them I say - go buy what you want.

I have had 1 for 2 years, it does what it says. This year there will be 2 more on the lease, the guys were impressed on the 662 yard shot. Its a lot of money, but I'm happy.

Got a few questions about this scope.

1. Knowing that this scope is 2nd focal plane how well does this rifle shoot at shorter ranges using diferent magnifactions? Can you crank it down to 10 power and shoot the same as 20 power?
2. How well is this scope in low light conditions?

The low light ability is same as Nightforce quite good.

Not sure I understand the other question. I've never tried comparing the POI at 20 vs 10 power.

The Huskemaw concept for shooting at varying distances requires that you use the turrets to adjust the main reticle cross hair so changing power magnification won't make any difference in that regard.

However changing power WILL change the MOA subtention on the windage holdovers. Most guys I know just memorize the correct subtention for 20x, 10x and 5x and only use those magnifications to shoot. Then there is no chance for messing things up.

I believe their windage hash marks are 1 MOA apart at 20x, 2 MOA at 10x, and 4 MOA at 5x. I would assume the same would be true for the 3-12 model as well. 1 MOA at 12x, 2 MOA at 6x, and 4 MOA at 3x.

HTH,

Scot E.

Got a few questions about this scope.

1. Knowing that this scope is 2nd focal plane how well does this rifle shoot at shorter ranges using diferent magnifactions? Can you crank it down to 10 power and shoot the same as 20 power?
2. How well is this scope in low light conditions?

If you are asking if the point of impact changes when changing magnification, the two Huskemaw I have do hold their zero with magnifcation changes. I own Nightforces as well and found low light capability to be as good.

I'll chip in another nod for the huskemaw being a great hunting scope. Like everyone else has stated " it does what they say that it will do" I got mine 2 years ago and love it for what it is designed for- long range big game hunting.
Oh, if you think that the husky is a lot of money then maybe you haven't priced the G7.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.