Huskamaw scopes

freebird63

Have there been any failures with these scopes??? I see they have a new model the Blue Diamond. I want to get a new 7MM and was thinking about trying one, my friend who is a huskamaw dealer quoted me a nice price, but are they worth it, wished I could afford a nightforce scope. But I figured I would ask now before I buy.
Thanks for any info

freebird

Have there been any failures with these scopes???

Every scope made at every price level has SOME failures. From what I can tell Huskemaw has no more or less than what should be expected.

Here is what one Huskemaw customer said about "failures".

I have some experience with the Huskemaw, durability and hunting use so thought I would share it.
Last November during a Bull Elk hunt I strapped my gun in the rack on the 4-wheeler and stared down a muddy rocky trail. Apparently I didn't get one of the straps on the rack in the notch and it popped loose. The muzzle of my gun jumped out of the rack and hit the ground. Before I got the 4-wheeler stopped the butt came loose of the rack and I ran the gun over. I was horrified, thinking that my brand new gun and scope were ruined. The muzzle was plugged with mud, the scope caps popped open and were packed full of mud, the turret cover was smashed and there was a nick on one of the rings. After a thorough cleaning I check my zero at 100 yards and the gun was dead on. I then found a rock to shoot at 885 yard and again the gun was dead on. I've had my Leupold loose it's zero after a much lighter fall walking through dense downfall. The scope is crystal clear, the optics are better than my Leupold VX-III, I don't have much experience with higher end rifle scopes so I can't make a comparison there. The elevation and windage adjustments have been 100% repeatable and the reticle is great, I think these two items are more important than optical clarity on a rifle scope anyways. Everybody who looks through my scope wants one, with those owning Swarovski's saying it rivals their scopes for optics. I love it, just wish I could afford another one so I didn't have to swap it between guns.

I have been using Huskemaw scopes on my personal rifles for 2 full seasons so far. I like them enough that I decided early on to sell them, too.

Thank you Len for that reply. I can say so far in my life I have never gotten a bad scope. I like my sightron scope but the more I watch the best of the west shows and how easy it is to just dial in the yardage and shoot. I just might have to spend the extra money and see for myself.
I know with my experiences with electronics it seems they are either dead from the get go or they last for many years.

Freebird,
checks out a thread I started about a year ago entitled "huskemaw??" It has tons of posts and reviews from people who have used them including myself. I think you should be able to find some usefully info on there.

Thanks tikkamike I will do that. My present sightron scope is the S3 6-24X50 with mil-dot, don't get me wrong I love the scope, would kinda like to try the new 8-32X56 with mil-dot, its just shy of $1000. Being disabled and unemployed sure does not help buying new toys.

I personally own 2 of them. I could not be more pleased with them; they perform exactly as they are advertized. I bought the first one 4 years ago.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.