Hunting scope

dirtytough

I just sent off parts for a new build. I don't have a scope for it yet. It will be a lightish weight 6.5 SS. Not ultralight but it has a TI action, Proof barrel, etc.

The scopes I like right now on my hunting rifles are Swaro X5's, and I have a March 2.5-25x42.

I was planning on just getting another March. But I figured I would check to make sure I wasn't missing something else.

I like SFP for hunting, and a decent amount of zoom in case I see a yote out there a ways. Also I don't want something in the 2+ pound range.

If money wasn't an issue would you stick with the March or look at getting something else?

Regards

Im loving the nx8. 28 ounces, much improved glass over the nxs and nightforce durability.

I own both the 20 and 32 power versions... both are fantastic.

I sold my March to buy another nx8

Last edited:
I don't own a March, but it's not that I don't want one. Everything I've heard or read gives me the wants, but lack of funds keeps me in check. I've had good luck with with the Leupold vx5 and 6. But if money wasn't an option I'd sure like to try a March. Good luck

I have the same march but in ffp. really like the package of it being light and clear plus tracks well. I kinda like my nightforce actar 4x16x42 better even though its a little heavier. want to try the nx8

I was actually looking at the NX8 before posting this thread. I like sfp for hunting though. I haven't used a ffp scope enough to know if I would like it for hunting or not.

Anyone have an ATACR 4-16x42 and a NX8 2.5-20x50? What is better about the ATACR over the NX8? Its hard for me to pay more for an ATACR 4-16x42 than a Swaro X5 or a March since I feel like the glass is plenty good in both and they have a larger mag range. I haven't personally used a 4-16 so I am probably missing some of the pro's. I have used an ATACR 5-25 side by side with an X5 though.

It really seems like the March scopes are in a class of their own if weight and tracking are high priorities.

Thanks for all the input so far.

I just sent off parts for a new build. I don't have a scope for it yet. It will be a lightish weight 6.5 SS. Not ultralight but it has a TI action, Proof barrel, etc.

The scopes I like right now on my hunting rifles are Swaro X5's, and I have a March 2.5-25x42.

I was planning on just getting another March. But I figured I would check to make sure I wasn't missing something else.

I like SFP for hunting, and a decent amount of zoom in case I see a yote out there a ways. Also I don't want something in the 2+ pound range.

If money wasn't an issue would you stick with the March or look at getting something else?

Regards
I really, like the zeiss scopes as their glass is really clear ! The 5x25 conquest would be my choice

I've got three of the zeiss v6 scopes. Two in 5-25 and one in 3-18. They are awesome scopes. The only thing I would change about them is to make the reticle illuminated. And red hawk rifles has a great deal on demo models right now.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.