New hunting scope

When it comes to rugged nightforce is hard to beat. Built like a tank and weigh like it. Disregard I overlooked the 700-1000. Budget.

Sorry Pred. Slayer, I did't realize you wanted it for less than $1,000.

If so then look at the one I just bought for $967. from Optics Planet.
Bushnell ELITE LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 with FFP, mil/mil, illuminated G3 small Xmas tree reticle (11 light levels) and side focus.
Long at 14 1/2 inches but relatively light at 28 oz.

Like my Bushnell ERS 3.5 - 21 x 50 competition scope (H59 reticle) all their ELITE scopes have very good glass and excellent turrets. Only SWFA is a better buy for the money (IMHO) b/c SWFA has no advertising and no retailers but their own website.

Eric B.

If your on a budget but want a good scope a Leupold VX3i is a good choice. I have one on an Xbolt 6.5 Creedmoor. Great, light weight combination! I have a VX5hd with CDS on my 6.5 PRC and it is amazing for $750 (Gunbroker action)! It does weight more than the VX3i but has better glass and more features.

Thanks, fellas lots of good suggestions. Obviously several good options. What a country!! Many moons ago I looked through a fella's Steiner's scope and was pretty amazed. So, I'm going to take the leap and get one in FFP. Have to take my baby diaper off and finally enter the world of FFP. Luckily, it won't be a matter of life or death on the learning process.

Nikon Prostaff 5
4.5-18x40 FFP BDC simple non clutter hunting reticle,,, they are not as clear as the Monarch series,,, but the glass is still pretty good... Excellent low light capabilities... You'll be the first hunter out in the morning and last back to camp since the optic will put you in the field before others are able to see in low light conditions...

Price tag is well with in your budget

Thanks, fellas lots of good suggestions. Obviously several good options. What a country!! Many moons ago I looked through a fella's Steiner's scope and was pretty amazed. So, I'm going to take the leap and get one in FFP. Have to take my baby diaper off and finally enter the world of FFP. Luckily, it won't be a matter of life or death on the learning process.

Which one are you considering? As a supporting vendor here it would be our pleasure to work with you on it
Doug
516-217-1000

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.