New Hunting scope

Been through a bunch of scopes and these are my favorites right now for dedicated hunting rig. March 3-24x42 FFp and AMG. Glass on both are great as are turrets. If u want compact that march without sunshade is tiny. View attachment 96270View attachment 96271

What Remmy says...
March 3-24x42 (Full featured FFP scope that is small and light), and Razor AMG (full featured FFP scope where weight/size isn't as important) for a dedicated long range hunting rifle. I will add the plain old Leupold VX6 3-18x44, which isn't made any more, but can be found used. It's lighter than the March, almost as small, and costs half or less what the March costs. The HD model of the VX6 is good too, but has a bunch of unnecessary features for the cost they add (IMHO).

FWIW - I like FFP scopes and have many, but not so much on hunting rifles unless they are dedicated long range setups. For an all purpose rifle where you are statistically more likely to take a <200 yd shot, but want the ability to stretch out further I find that the shrinking reticles in the FFP scopes can become a hinderance when taking, for example, a quick 80 yd shot on a running deer/elk. For this reason I tend to run the VX6's on most of my hunting rifles. Turn it down to 3x and you still have a nice, full sized reticle that you can see for quick/close shots.

I'm sure the NF 4-16x42 is an excellent scope, but I've never owned one, so I'm not commenting on that one.

JamieB

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.