howa 1500 parts

jthod

Anyone know of a good source for parts?

I'm looknig for the screw/pin that the bolt release lever pivots on. It's a flat blade screw head with a step that the lever rides on.

The pin sheared off right at the reciever where the threads begin. My other option is to re-thread and use a different type of screw. This may be the better option, the existing screw is only about a 2mm shank.

Thanks!

Would be more expensive but a good Smith could make one easily if you can't find the part.

Finally got a good answer from sports world, after three emails, and no responses. I had called twice, but both times they instructed me to email them. I finally got tired of waiting and got a little more assertive over the phone, and got the part ordered.

$15 shipped from Sports World Tulsa.

the EXACT same thing happened to me today. Howa 1500/axiom .308 .
shot, went to chamber and the bolt came right out and the bolt release button was limp.
Opened my mag flap and this little standard screw head with a few mills of length fell out.

I put in a request with same place you got yours how did that go and who did you ultimately talk to that finally got the part headed your way?

I don't recall who I talked to, but I just requested to start someone in parts orders. Since fixing, I havn't had any problems.

I just don't see why they would use that small of a screw in the first place.

Well ,i have to hand it to sports world tulsa. I put in what I needed in their parts request form, got reply for my ph# next day and the next day (today) got a call for my payment info and ship today.
Sweetgun)

and yeah that screw is WEAK, i most certainly was not apeing my bolt , just its time I guess.

Thanks for having this up here, saved me a little leg work.:D

Is the replacent part any better than the original? I have a new howa that i am considering getting the part before it happens that way my rifle isnt down as long

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.