Howa 1500 trigger

bugle-em

Trigger mod just did it polish the face and removed some materal to make the safety work properly still not the same as my Jewell's . Looking at Jared or Timney .to get to 1.5# with little to no creep any one running the Jared or the factory up grade trigger?

Last edited:
I've got a Timney on a Vanguard action and the factory trigger on 2 S&W M1500s (both the same as Howa). I can not tell the difference between the 2 other than i was able to tune the factory trigger down to about 1 lb and the the Timney to 1.5 lbs. I like the Timney for its 3 position safety. I have been able to fairly easily tune several Vanguard/S&W M1500 (old style) triggers to a very nice and crisp 1 lb or so pull without any honing.

That said, the Jewel on my 700 action is a step above, but Jewel does not make triggers for the Howa actions.

I am very satisfied with the Timney and factory triggers I have.

I have 3 Timneys and 2 Rifle Basix triggers for the Vanguards. Of the two I generally prefer the Timney if for no other reason than the 3 position safety. In use, they feel about the same.

I have tried doing the trigger mods from this forum on several Vanguard triggers. Generally I have a 50% success rate on being able to get the pull down to 2 pounds, remove all of the creep and have the safety still work. Frankly I now tend to wait to find a sale on a Timney and buy that instead.

+1 for the Timney. I live 30 min. from Timney, just call in the morning, give model and pull#'s and pick up in the afternoon. Like the three positions and the Timney support is the best online or by phone.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.