How old are you?

Tred Barta

Tred said he could touch a deer in the woods - he could.
He practiced running through woods with a Bowie knife in his mouth to get in shape to run after a hog and kill it.
Just a couple of his antics.
His full time job was flying new airplanes to the buyers.

Happy Birthday buddy......
may you live to be 100 and enjoy enjoy every day...!!!
I'm 72 still doing what I like too do , hunting fishing , building a new rifle every now and again , ranching and working on the ranch when necessary . I never even thought about age until I turned 70 , it seems something about 70 tells me I ain't as good as I once was . I'm very blessed I now have a 4 yr old grandson that I have too be there when he gets his first deer . I have plenty of rifles , but last year I found a mod 70 pre 64 270 from a estate sale that is dedicated too him siting in the vault waiting for him ,I m planning on working up a 117 gr Hammer load for it I think that might get the job done . I'm surprised how many of you gentlemen are close too my age , may God continue too bless everyone of you .

Be 70 next month on the 10th, been retired retired for 11 years. Wife is now 68, went to work the day our 1st grandkid was born and turned in her retirement notice to be a full time grandmother. She was 55 at that time. Looking back and reflect on our lives, family and career, it brings smile to my face. When its time to get off this train I could honestly say .... it has been a great ride.

We are blessed with 2 kids, and 3 grandkids. We were lucky enough to pay for our kids' education. Son graduated from Duke University, daughter from Johns Hopkins, and George Washington. Daughter-in-law, a Veterinarian from UNC, has been a great mother to our 3 grandkids.....

Life's been good

Yes , I remember watching Gadabout Gaddis on TV when I was in my teens . I am 72 now .
I also remember watching "The Lone Star Sportsman" TV outdoor series , starring John Thomas , sponsored and presented by LONE STAR BEER - in San Antonio , Texas , during the late 1950's and early to mid 1960's .

Heck , I still remember most of the LONE STAR BEER song ;
" Hey bar tender , bring me a beer ,
Don't want an import , gotta be made right here .
Artesian water makes it bright and clear , no wonder it's America's Premium Quality Beer ........
....... So , for Certified Premium Quality , that's Light , Bright , and Clear ,
Take a break , say LONE STAR BEER " !!!!

And , I remember reading outdoor hunting , shooting , and fishing stories written by Ted Trueblood .

Last edited: