How old are you?

I remember him on TV, he did a lot for fishing and fly fishing in particular. Another personality was Tred Barta -bigger than life.

I ran into Gadabout Gaddis on the Battenkill River fly fishing by Eagleville. He gave me a fly he said was killer, called "Breadcrust". Of course I used it instead of saving it! He had a fishing show on TV where he flew all over the US in a Cessna Skynight twin. He autographed my fishing license while talking to me how to fish the wet fly he gave me. I was 19 at the time and he was surprised I was fly fishing at "my age"! He was very patient and generous with his time. He was just fishing for fun and no cameras.
Was the flyrod made of willow? The fly line still silk?😂 And most important was it scary to fish with the T-Rex still around?🤣🤣🤣

What was really funny was both of us were fishing with Shakespeare white Wonder Rods! Some may recall, they were advertised on his show as well. Believe it or not, I still have it and still fish with it! I cannot even begin to tell you how many gills I have caught with it let alone trout! I caught my biggest stream rainbow on it even to today! 4lbs 9 oz! I fell in trying to keep it on a 3 lb leader stumbling over rocks getting him to quiet water to beach.

Well, if we're throwing names around, how about Curt Gowdy, the American sports man show, 65 in 16 days here. Every Sunday? my dad, brothers, uncles, cousins, grandfather would hug the tv to see where he was going next to film a hunter in real action. If I remember correctly, William Shatner was up hunting grizzly one episode. Never back in those days would I have known there would become an effort to push gun control and the formation of animal rights group along with anti hunters. Back then I thought everyone was a hunter and shooter
If I could go on one more fishing/hunting trip with anyone, my Dad and Curt Gowdy would be my 1st two choices. When I sat home while my older brothers and my Dad would head out duck hunting, Curt Gowdy took me around the world every weekend, my favorite guest of his was Bing Crosby.

At the rate decades keep getting pushed back, as a spring chicken in this group at age 30 today, I'm going to end up living to 150 🤣.

Maybe that's why I've been so slow to grow up!!!!! Even physically, I'm two inches taller than I was when I was 18 haha…
I'm 1" smaller, went back home for a reunion, came across someone I hadn't seen since high school, his remark was," you use to be bigger." Thanks buddy, making me feel real good right now was my reply