How old are you?

Muddyboots

If you can recognize who this autograph is and what he did you are older than dirt like me. So what did he do? Hint....Skynight

ADE56DE4-5B53-4E14-B592-9811706D1B0F.jpeg

I ran into Gadabout Gaddis on the Battenkill River fly fishing by Eagleville. He gave me a fly he said was killer, called "Breadcrust". Of course I used it instead of saving it! He had a fishing show on TV where he flew all over the US in a Cessna Skynight twin. He autographed my fishing license while talking to me how to fish the wet fly he gave me. I was 19 at the time and he was surprised I was fly fishing at "my age"! He was very patient and generous with his time. He was just fishing for fun and no cameras.

I hear ya! 71 closing in in 72. Planning another DIY elk trip this fall. He asked me to make a few casts and asked me how long have I been fly fishing? I told him since 9 years old and he laughed who taught me! I told him my Uncle and also tied flies since 9! So he then went through my flies and made some suggestions which were cool. He was a real sportsman that so called outdoor channel "celebrities" today could learn some humility and grace.

Well, if we're throwing names around, how about Curt Gowdy, the American sports man show, 65 in 16 days here. Every Sunday? my dad, brothers, uncles, cousins, grandfather would hug the tv to see where he was going next to film a hunter in real action. If I remember correctly, William Shatner was up hunting grizzly one episode. Never back in those days would I have known there would become an effort to push gun control and the formation of animal rights group along with anti hunters. Back then I thought everyone was a hunter and shooter