How Many Coyotes Did You Kill In The Last 12 Months

How Many Coyotes Did You Kill In The Last 12 Months?

• 0 to 10

Votes: 1,296 81.3%
  • 11 to 25

Votes: 166 10.4%
  • 26 to 50

Votes: 76 4.8%
  • Over 50

Votes: 56 3.5%

• Total voters
Only 5. Stationd in Alaska for most of this year and they were very hard to hunt there, only took one in alaska. Now Ive been in training for the last 4 months so not much hunting going on now. I did manage to take some leave and go home to Illinois. While I was there I killed 4. Still miss Alaska though.

a few days ago i called in nine and killed four, dont laugh for some reason i started missing, took my rifle to the range today and cold bored a milk jug at 504 yards, followed up a small rock at 696 or 14 minutes elev and 3/4 min left wind and its still zero at 100 yds, no excuse just missed.

3 or 4, but didn't go much. Just went yesterday morning and my buddy only called one in but it was right behind us and was zeroed in. Missed a running shot as i was wheeling around and it was cutting through the brush. OH WELL, Think i am gonna go with another buddy of mine this weekend on some virgin coyote turf. Should be fun as he said he saw several during deer season.

went on my first calling hunt today since there was snow on the ground..they must have seen me b4 saw them cause i did'nt see nuthin' but a couple crows but tracks were every where..what must i do

We ended up getting 59 coyotes in 2010/2011 that is more than double from the previous year. 2011/2012 should be great because of all the rain we got this last winter. There are rabbits, quail, rats and mice everywhere right now. Below are a few pictures from 2010/2011.
IMG_4572.jpg

IMG_2613.jpg

IMG_2587-Copy-Copy.jpg

IMG_2240-Copy.jpg

IMG_2400-Copy.jpg

IMG_2501.jpg

IMG_2125-Copy2.jpg

Should have had one extra category:

0 - didn't/don't hunt coyotes in last 12 months.

I entered 0 - 10 in the poll, but only because I didn't hunt.

I have picked up a couple earlier this year, opportunity shots on the ranch. I am thinking Coyote hunting would be a good way to practice the long range shots. My ultra mag will be overkill, but the practice will be good for me.

I am not sure how many I got. There were 20 in one week, but the rest of the year was a bit slow. Probably around 40.

The only coyote I've ever killed was last October. I got him at about 18-20yds
with my Ben Pearson Stealth. He came sneaking under my stand stalking a flock of turkeys that was about 50yds out. I'm not a dog hunter, but I couldn't
miss the chance to take a coyote with a bow.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.