How Many Coyotes Did You Kill In The Last 12 Months

How Many Coyotes Did You Kill In The Last 12 Months?

• 0 to 10

Votes: 1,296 81.3%
  • 11 to 25

Votes: 166 10.4%
  • 26 to 50

Votes: 76 4.8%
  • Over 50

Votes: 56 3.5%

• Total voters
I've called in 3 that I shot with my savage 12fv in 223, shot one with my s&w629 in 44mag during deer season, and got one more on my way to hunt with my trusty ole 2004 Chevy Silverado. Never had managed to run one over with the truck until this year! Now that I've done it, probably wont try so hard any more. I always use to kick her down when ever I saw one on the road. I've also managed to run a few over with my ATV over the years but never killed any.

I think it would be safe to say that a person who hunts 300 days out of the year will have a greater probability of shooting more coyotes than one who hunts one or two days per year, so I don't try to compare my skills with those whose numbers are far higher than mine. These animals are not easy to kill, but that's the fun of it. If there were no challenge, what would be the point? As far as I am concerned, the day is a success if I can get out in the boonies and enjoy the peace and quiet of my favorite hunting spots and get away from the constant garbage that is on the news every day. Maybe it's a form of meditation, but it works for me. If I get a dog, it's frosting on that big cake. If not, I am happy that I'm still healthy enough to pack up, take the rifle and caller and do what I do.

Last edited:
Added 2 more today to my total. Barnes 110gr TTSX doing 3670 out of my 270WSM ends them like you hit them with an ax! Everyone that came in died!!:D:D:D

No pics :rolleyes: I pulled out my phone and it didn't have enough battery to open the camera, I should have shut it down when we started to make sure I had batteries.
Next time, I've been trying to get good pics but Murphy has been at work!

Bigngreen, I am looking for a new coyote load for my .270. Can you tell me what powder and powder charge weight you used? I have been using either IMR4350 or, more recently, H4831SC pushing 130-grainers. I am not familiar with the lighter 110 grain bullets, but then again, I have always used the lighter .22 caliber rifles instead of the .270.

Three Coyotes so far. Shot them in Wyoming with my 300 RUM built by Center Shot Rifles. Their hides were not exactly "keepers" but man was it fun. I shot them at 498, 570 and 635 yards respectivly. Truely my best shots ever. I had distance and a lot of wind. I was pleased.

Since then those buggers have been invisable. Hope to get lucky again soon!

3 in S. Texas at the ranch i previously worked with .32 Winchester special model 1894 . Its my truck gun when working they weren't taken to far away considering it is solid brush down there.

Howdy, I've shot 28 in the last two months. My method is to drive and glass on a nice sunny day snow shoe spot and stalk, most coyotes in my area are call shy from coyote contests ever weekend from November until Feb. I had 308nate from SSG build me a rifle last year and I'm having a blast. Lots of coyotes lots of shooting!

Long range shots on coyote to date.

450, 509,537,540,581,604,607,612,695,867,883,904,907,917

All of these were shot with a custom 700 7mm Rem Mag 168berger @3065, 26" broughton barrel, A-5 Mcmillan
Jewel trigger, 20 moa base, built by Nathan Dagley.
Scoped is a VXIII 6.5x20x50 LR. Swarovski range finder & and 10 x 42 swarovski El Binos.

The other 14 were shot a little closer with a weatherby ultralight 25-06 & leopold 3.5 X 10 x 40. Except one that was shot at 760 with the 25-06 no range, no charts, no turrets. Hold up here over there, "pow" oops I got him.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.