How Did You Find The Long Range Hunting Site?

If you are [B][U]new to this site since July 1, 2007[/U][/B] how did you find us?

• Someone told me about it

Votes: 203 13.2%
  • I saw a link on another site

Votes: 337 22.0%
  • A search engine brought me here

Votes: 995 64.8%

• Total voters
My brother emailed me information about your site. We share an interest in long range hunting and shooting. I have a 994 Sako chambered in 7mm STW, that I have used for the past 12 years. I shoot 140g loads exclusively as it seems the best choice for accuracy. This rifle consistently shoots MOA groups. I know that most shooters change rifles fairly frequently, but I've always been a big fan of the statement: "Beware the man with one gun."

I was always trolling elitedealseeker.com looking for gun stuff. A lot of interesting stuff in the LRH classifieds, started reading, and slowly got hooked....

Aa an aside, e-dealseeker is now dead, but lives on as Bargaindashboard.com. Links to classifieds at a bunch of gun sites and is a good place to search if you're looking for something specific.

I was thinking about rebarrelling my 25-06 to a 6.5-06 (maybe AI) and Googling for information from others with the cartridge. Came across discussions of the 6.5 Sherman which lead me to this forum.

I decided to leave my 25-06 as is for now and build a custom rifle in 6.5 Sherman Shortmag instead. It is slowly but surely coming together.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.