How dry is dry enough?

If you have a gas furnace, as your furnace runs, it is obviously burning moisture. If you have a 90% furnace, opposed to an older 80%, you may really notice dry conditions inside the home. Adding a humidifier to the home or to the furnace will help. The more that furnace runs in cold conditions, the more moisture it will remove inside the thermal envelope. What is the humidity level outside?
Outside humidity was around 15%.

I got zapped so much that carpet in my living room got replaced with hardwood floors.

If only I knew about dryer sheets

I would have put some in my pocket
I wipe down my powder funnel with used dryer sheets. And gently wipe the inside of my powder dispenser reservoir. Don't use new ones, only used ones. It works great and prevents powder cling well.

Gosh dang that sounds like a dry house. Most furnaces located inside the house that draft from the house, generally don't lower humidity at an astronomical rate. Technically the only air that's getting moisture extracted would be the combustion air, thus putting the house under a slightly negative pressure. And I retract what I previously said about the 90%ers and above, as they draw combustion air from outside the house. A humidifier would go a long way II bet!

Gosh dang that sounds like a dry house. Most furnaces located inside the house that draft from the house, generally don't lower humidity at an astronomical rate. Technically the only air that's getting moisture extracted would be the combustion air, thus putting the house under a slightly negative pressure. And I retract what I previously said about the 90%ers and above, as they draw combustion air from outside the house. A humidifier would go a long way II bet!
It would. But in the south, the last thing you want in your house (most of the time) is more humidity. Also, the outside humidity that day was about 15%. I completly replaced my hvac in 2022 with a high efficiency heat pump. It does a fantastic job cooling and heating down to about 25° F. Then the electric panels turn on and you can watch the meter do the hocky pocky.😁

1% humidity in your house is nuts. I'm not surprised that your skin is drying out.

If my humidifier runs out of water, mine will easily drop to 25%, and that's low enough to cause me to shock my cats.

A couple large, yet still portable, humidifiers would be a wise purchase decision. I'm not convinced really low humidity would cause a problem with your firearms.

1% humidity in your house is nuts. I'm not surprised that your skin is drying out.

If my humidifier runs out of water, mine will easily drop to 25%, and that's low enough to cause me to shock my cats.

A couple large, yet still portable, humidifiers would be a wise purchase decision. I'm not convinced really low humidity would cause a problem with your firearms.
Me neither. I did put a small portable humidifier in the bed room. It helps keep me from getting nose bleeds. Only really need it when the humidity gets below 25-30%

It would. But in the south, the last thing you want in your house (most of the time) is more humidity. Also, the outside humidity that day was about 15%. I completly replaced my hvac in 2022 with a high efficiency heat pump. It does a fantastic job cooling and heating down to about 25° F. Then the electric panels turn on and you can watch the meter do the hocky pocky.😁
Gotcha. You have a heat pump anyway, so forget the gas furnace theory lol.

That's the first thing I thought. I pulled the sensor from another location and had reading 2%. Pulled the third one from my garage and it read 1%. Yes they all had batteries only a couple of months old. I change them out when the clocks change. Same time I change out batteries in the smoke detectors. Also the same time I pull all my guns out of the safe and clean them. (A habit I got into many years ago.) Thats how I just ran across this discovery of it being so low. All I know is my hands are cracked and no amount of lotion helps! The static is so bad, handling powder or primers may be a bit iffy. 🤪 Don't want to tempt providence. 😉
Good point. I will put a bottle of lotion on my reloading table. And a ground strap, or two.
My safes are already grounded, as is my reloading explosive cabinet.
I used to always carry a ground strap before I was retired.

Our humidity runs low teens or single digits in the summer. A couple days ago, 98%, today low 40% with 42℉.
Mile high San Bernardino, Ca. mountains.
When the clouds go by, it is more humid than monsoon season when I lived in the desert.