How does weather keep you from shooting.

I shoot to 500yds at my place then for long range go to blm land. They close the blm roads in spring due to thawing and mud. The wind can be to gusty also turns into waist of ammo.

Around here it's the fog and wind that will shut down shooting most of the time. Accessibility gets to be a problem in some spots though when the snow gets a little deeper. This was at my normal spot for shooting between 1000-2300 yards about 2 weeks ago. It was 37* with 20 mph sustained winds and gusts up around 35 mph. The snow will stick around until late May and make it nearly impossible to get up there in a couple weeks. Its such a wet, sloppy snow that even with mud chains on you just can't get through it once it's had a chance to freeze over. It's like trying to drive through a Slurpee.
l10qf6x.jpg

i shoot through the winter. Insulated coverall suit and my shooting mat so I have a barrier from the snow. Been doing it for a very long time. I see the same 8 or 9 guys and not many others till the spring.

Cold and wind. Which unfortunately is almost every day here in southern Manitoba. When temperatures get -20 to -30 C plus windchill it's not much fun trying to shoot. For me winter is when I have time to shoot but the weather never cooperates.

Kind of the same here. -5 F yesterday with 15-20mph winds. Tends to be like this in the high Rockies till may. And summer time is my busy time at work so shooting is hard in the summer

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts