how do you get a stuck bullet out of the barrel

****dead beaten horse goes here**** Ay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah the ten thousandths threw me as I read it as .010 not .0001 or tenths as in a couple of tenths.

This maybe a good thread to determine exactly what we call what?

.1 One hundred thou
.135 One hundred thirty five thousandths
.010 Ten thou or Ten thousandths
.001 One thou or one thousandths
.0001 One tenth or one ten thousandths
.0005 half a thou
.0015 one and a half thou (I've heard it called 15 tenths but not commonly)
.0012 twelve tenths
.00001 one millionths

If it was written "couple of tenths" it wouldnt have come up on my radar.

Dave

[ QUOTE ]
This maybe a good thread to determine exactly what we call what?

[/ QUOTE ]Might be.

There's one measurement in the shooting sports that has three distinct meanings; minute of angle. Everybody uses one (or more, God forbid) of these.

1. In trigonometry, it's the sine of 1/60th of a degree; about 1.0472.... inch for each hundred yards of range.

2. In the shooting sports, it was standardized years ago as exactly 1 inch for each hundred yards of range.

3. Some folks claim it's exactly what their iron sights say it is regardless of the distance between them and how far the adjustment for part or all on one minute of angle changes the line of sight.

Which means for each unit of change there's at least three interpretations of its actual angular change in the line of sight relative to the bore.

This happened to me 30 years ago, I took it to a gunsmith I know. He got out a 22 pistol took the gun in the basement. He put the 22 against the 30:06 barrel , of course I ran. When he pulled the trigger both bullets rolled out on the floor? I still would not do it But I saw it for myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.