How do you get your gear to & from a long dis. hunt

You can fly meat "air cargo" on most airlines. It's not as difficult as you would think and the last time I checked it was around $50 per 100lb package. They do it all the time flying fish out of Alaska.

Are you staying somewhere or in a tent or wall tent? If your staying in a lodge or hotel just limit each guy to their backpack and one duffel bag as most pack way too much.

4 guys we usually rent a cabin . so depending on draw,, could be 4 elk and 4 mule deer
so gear for week doing day trips no overnight camp. (one of these years yes I would enjoy a camp)

Drive.

2 of us in my quad cab pickup can do a 2-elk hunt with no problem. My truck has a cap on it, and I also use a heavy duty hitch hauler. When going with 3 or more, we take my truck or a Suburban, and pull a trailer that we rent.

The 150 quart coolers at Sam's Club for $70 are an incredible deal, and every time I have driven across the country with them they keep the ice frozen all the way home. I have yet to see a reason to spend a LOT more on fancy coolers. I've also lived out of one for a week with the whole family at Yellowstone when camping.
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/max-cold-150-qt/prod11880027.ip?xid=plp1903-spor:product:1:1

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.