How do you enter vital zone radius

The program used the vital zone radius to calculate the Point Blank Range, this is the range that the bullet will not leave that radius when you just hold on the center and shoot. It is useful only in knowing the range you can point and shoot with no dial up and still be in the vitals.

Ok I understand that but what values do you use eg, how do you know what radius or what ever to type in, is it like the size of your target etc I understand what it is used for but I don't know what to type in if you get me?

Say you have a 10" target, to calculate your max point blank range, you would enter in 5" as the target radius. radius=1/2(diameter).

Ok so for example a fallow or red deer if the average size of them animals from shoulder to spine was 60 cm I would type I my vital zone radius as 30cm. Such a simple figure you can find out such possibly crictical information , it turns out it was what I thought t was I was just unsure where to get my figures from, cheers boss

Well, usually when I enter the vital zone radius, it is with a 168gr Berger VLD moving about 3,000 fps. Which always ends badly for the deer. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.