Hornady or Federal .300 Win Mag brass?

Gunner1

Which would you buy if given the chance-brand new unprimed Hornady brass or Federal brass that has been "demilitarized" (had the bullet and powder removed but is still primed)?

I would go with Federal. We shoot Federal brass in our .243s, .308s, and my .270 with accurate and consistent results. When my .300WM comes in, I will be ordering military pull down Federal brass for it.

I'm with Jud, I have had some bad luck with Hornady brass. This is coming from a guy who's reloading room is filled with Hornady bullets,dies and I just bought a lock n load kit for a back up press. I have 10 firings on my Fed. brass with no loose pockets. This is max charge (56.5grns.) IMR 4350 178 amax. The Hornady stuff had inconsistent neck tension, this is before I started anealing. It might be a different story if I anneal the brass. But I like my Fed. brass so much I'm not going back.

I would go with Federal. We shoot Federal brass in our .243s, .308s, and my .270 with accurate and consistent results. When my .300WM comes in, I will be ordering military pull down Federal brass for it.

I just ordered 100 rounds of the Federal military pull downs. Hoping it's good stuff...

Where did you order it from? I have seen it here and there, but just curious to see where you got yours from. Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.