Hornady or Federal .300 Win Mag brass?

Gunner1

Which would you buy if given the chance-brand new unprimed Hornady brass or Federal brass that has been "demilitarized" (had the bullet and powder removed but is still primed)?

Jud96

I would go with Federal. We shoot Federal brass in our .243s, .308s, and my .270 with accurate and consistent results. When my .300WM comes in, I will be ordering military pull down Federal brass for it.

gohring3006

LRH Team Member
I'm with Jud, I have had some bad luck with Hornady brass. This is coming from a guy who's reloading room is filled with Hornady bullets,dies and I just bought a lock n load kit for a back up press. I have 10 firings on my Fed. brass with no loose pockets. This is max charge (56.5grns.) IMR 4350 178 amax. The Hornady stuff had inconsistent neck tension, this is before I started anealing. It might be a different story if I anneal the brass. But I like my Fed. brass so much I'm not going back.

Gunner1

I would go with Federal. We shoot Federal brass in our .243s, .308s, and my .270 with accurate and consistent results. When my .300WM comes in, I will be ordering military pull down Federal brass for it.
I just ordered 100 rounds of the Federal military pull downs. Hoping it's good stuff...

Trending threads