Hornady 300 win brass ok?

If I do find other brands how would you rank them top to bottom on which to look for? Norma, nosler, hornady, federal, Remington, Winchester?

Eguy, I am not a brass snob. I will usually buy Winchester brass when available but I have used other brands and have loaded some crazy accurate loads with some of them. IMO, the main issue concerning accurate rifle ammo, where the brass is concerned, is always shoot the same headstamp of brass that was used when developing the load.

I only bought hornady brass once for my .300wm and the brass life was really short some times only 1 reload. I have much better brass life with RWS brass, but I doubt you can find it over there. I havent tried norma but a lot of guys are happy with it...

hornady brass is usually decent brass... I've run it in the 7rem and my brother was running it in 300win and it was never any different than other brass quality wise... Their older lots of 338 lapua weren't great from what I've heard, but the crying ended better than a year ago so either they got their act together or everyone that cared stopped buying their stuff....

Hornady brass is OK, it's not great. Avoid Federal brass at all costs, it often is so soft that even a middle load opens primer pockets.
Norma is by far the best for 300WM brass, Lapua was, but no longer make it.
Winchester or Remington are fine if you do the brass prep, they last about the same number of loads.

Cheers.
gun)

It seems to be about all I can find. Will I be ok with it loading 215 hybrids?

I have never had a single issue with Hornady brass. Shot it in numerous calibers, and always performed great.

Granted, I buy Nosler brass for everything I can these days. But when I was beginning reloading, I had a bunch of leftover once-fired Hornady brass I'd shot over the years, and stored up from my factory ammo. So I used a good bit of it. Still use it in several calibers.

If I do find other brands how would you rank them top to bottom on which to look for? Norma, nosler, hornady, federal, Remington, Winchester?

Nosler/Lapua
Norma
Winchester/Hornady (tie for 3rd)
Federal
Any other brand
Remington

:D

As far as Remington goes, I love their guns, but hate their ammo & not a fan of their reloading components from past personal experiences.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.