Quality 300 win mag brass

BUSTINDOGS

If you load for a 300 win mag I would recommend checking out atlas development group. They are making some high quality brass. I just got a hundred pieces from them and after sorting through it tonight I have to say it's near equal quality to the lapua brass I use in my 6.5-284. hopefully I will start loading some this weekend. Time will tell if it's as tough as lapua but for the price if I get half as many loads from it I'll be happy.

If you load for a 300 win mag I would recommend checking out atlas development group. They are making some high quality brass. I just got a hundred pieces from them and after sorting through it tonight I have to say it's near equal quality to the lapua brass I use in my 6.5-284. hopefully I will start loading some this weekend. Time will tell if it's as tough as lapua but for the price if I get half as many loads from it I'll be happy.
It's a bit heavier than a lot of other brass out there so start a little lower than you normally would. I'm running right at a max book load but getting around 125fps more than the book load. I'm also on my 7th firing and pockets are unchanged.

Like you said time will tell, looks can be deceiving. Shooting resizing multiple times can only tell the tail. Good luck and keep us posted on their quality. Good luck hunting and be safe.

I'll be building a 300 win mag shooting 215 hybrids. I bought 100 pcs of ADG brass, and must say its nice looking brass. Keep us posted on your results.

My current load is 76gr H1000 using Winchester brass and a 215 Berger set off by a fed 215 primer. I weight sorted the win brass which averaged 232gr this adg brass averaged 249.6 (majority of brass weighed 250) with and extreme of 2.6 (248.3-250.9) this was for 50 cases.
the last 100 pieces of win brass I sort was terrible I threw away like 9 with split necks and had an extreme spread of 15. I'm expecting much better SD for velocity with this brass. I'll reduce my charge and work back up hopefully the only thing I'll need to change is the amount of powder I dump in the case.

My current load is 76gr H1000 using Winchester brass and a 215 Berger set off by a fed 215 primer. I weight sorted the win brass which averaged 232gr this adg brass averaged 249.6 (majority of brass weighed 250) with and extreme of 2.6 (248.3-250.9) this was for 50 cases.
the last 100 pieces of win brass I sort was terrible I threw away like 9 with split necks and had an extreme spread of 15. I'm expecting much better SD for velocity with this brass. I'll reduce my charge and work back up hopefully the only thing I'll need to change is the amount of powder I dump in the case.

Dogs, your purchase of 100 Winchester brass was like the new bag of 50 my friend brought me to load for his 300WM. 2 split necks and 21 pieces 10-15 thousandths short of recommended trim length. None of the necks were close to being square. The store took them back. He's still looking for some Nosler for it.

I recently bought some Atlas Development Group 300 win mag brass. Very nice looking stuff. I bought the brass through gunbroker.com. It was hard to find them online. I called to make payment and they were good to work with. I'll order direct next time.

They produce for OEMs. He did name drop Sig Sauer. He said they make 300 Win Mag brass for Sig. He said Sig has opened their own plant now, but at the time I called, they were still producing some some 300 Win brass for Sig.

Web Page:
http://www.atlasdg.com/index.cfm/ID/2/BrassCartridgeCases/

Price list and Offerings:
http://www.atlasdg.com/repository/documents/ADG MSRP Case Price List 2017.pdf

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.