Hornady ELD-X Official Thread

Wow. I was just coming to say how IMHO it does not matter what the bullet BC is if it costs more then the current A-max cause I will then stay with the A-max. Now if it comes in at the same price point fantastic.
But you all are getting serious and cant even shoot it yet..... How bout we get it in supply first and then discuss.
Kind of like a mythical new lab radar bullet doppler system I once heard about through a friend of a friends friend.

Wow. I was just coming to say how IMHO it does not matter what the bullet BC is if it costs more then the current A-max cause I will then stay with the A-max. Now if it comes in at the same price point fantastic.
But you all are getting serious and cant even shoot it yet..... How bout we get it in supply first and then discuss.
Kind of like a mythical new lab radar bullet doppler system I once heard about through a friend of a friends friend.

I think if the numbers are true then we have a major winner. it will perform better than the Amax.
as far as the Labradar, the owner and designer getting very very ill did it no justice, and by then the Magneto speed did most of what the Labradar does, except the data past your muzzle. now if they could get it so you can place it out at distance then it's a major winner.

This much is true. Lower bullet to bore friction will mean less of the energy/pressure the powder generates will be consumed/expended fighting friction/heat, and more will be available to increase MV.

Given equally well suited (ideal) powders for any two different bullets of the same weight, the bullet with less bore friction should always be able to be driven faster than the bullet creating more bore/bullet friction. This matter is well proven by shooters that HBN coat their bullets.

The only thing remaining unknown is the magnitude of the velocity loss that will result from the additional bullet/bore friction. It may not be a big deal or anything to fuss about. I provided the one relatively recent example of the 210 VLD versus the 215 Hybrid comparison because both of those bullets have been in heavy use now - the newer 215 Hybrid for several years, and the 210 VLD for many more years. The track record on MV is clear. The 215 Hybrid with its shorter bearing surface is consistently being driven to a higher muzzle velocity than the 210 VLD, even though it weighs 5gr more, and even with the use of the same/identical powder. Broz may be the member with the most first hand experience, since he's an avid user of both bullets and loads and shoots so much. He also gets feedback from others' rifles that he's involved with. Explanation = shorter bearing surface = less bullet to bore friction = higher MV.

Coat the bullets with HBN, reduce the friction a little more, and gain a little additional MV; all in the very same rifle. Which does away with almost all of the other possibilities that could be influencing/increasing MV.

We were discussing bearing surface not BC. With Doppler the BCs are probably good.
How about you let us discuss and you read the thread before you post.
Sorry Phorwath, I have no idea how your post ended up in this reply. This new IPhone has been doing this since I got it.

We were discussing bearing surface not BC. With Doppler the BCs are probably good.
How about you let us discuss and you read the thread before you post.
Sorry Phorwath, I have no idea how your post ended up in this reply. This new IPhone has been doing this since I got it.

Sorry if I hurt your sensibilities. Clearly you were talking about bearing surface. I read it ad nauseum regurgitating what others had already stated. And If you had actually read what I said, you would have caught that I had simply stated that for the price I have no reason even try this when they come out unless they come in comparable to the A-Max price point. I also made a joke that the bullet is not currently available and could end up almost as bad as lab radar. I also did not know I needed your approval to post here about the new bullet. Glad to see even Hillary supporters come here. So sure make a number of more posts and let the rest of us "little" people know when we can talk about something other then bearing surface, which has already been discussed.

Sorry if I hurt your sensibilities. Clearly you were talking about bearing surface. I read it ad nauseum regurgitating what others had already stated. And If you had actually read what I said, you would have caught that I had simply stated that for the price I have no reason even try this when they come out unless they come in comparable to the A-Max price point. I also made a joke that the bullet is not currently available and could end up almost as bad as lab radar. I also did not know I needed your approval to post here about the new bullet. Glad to see even Hillary supporters come here. So sure make a number of more posts and let the rest of us "little" people know when we can talk about something other then bearing surface, which has already been discussed.
Go back and read the last four pages of this thread. It was discussion about bearing surface. And before that, no one here was worried about their BCs. So you jumped in said we shouldn't have a discussion about BCs because we don't have any bullets yet.

So it seems you should go back and read. Your comments doesn't fit the discussion.
No need to bring politics in a bullet discussion.

Go back and read the last four pages of this thread. It was discussion about bearing surface. And before that, no one here was worried about their BCs. So you jumped in said we shouldn't have a discussion about BCs because we don't have any bullets yet.

So it seems you should go back and read. Your comments doesn't fit the discussion.
No need to bring politics in a bullet discussion.

Well you clearly didn't read what I said. It starts with me saying how unless it's price point is comparable I didn't see the value. Also you clearly like to talk more then listen going by your post count. I did not realize I had to stick to your train of over analysed thoughts that had been regurgitated by you enough. Next time I will be sure to follow your lead.
Thank you for being willing to take the time out of your day to moderate this thread.
So with that I shall now take the high road and say have a blessed day.

Well you clearly didn't read what I said. It starts with me saying how unless it's price point is comparable I didn't see the value. Also you clearly like to talk more then listen going by your post count. I did not realize I had to stick to your train of over analysed thoughts that had been regurgitated by you enough. Next time I will be sure to follow your lead.
Thank you for being willing to take the time out of your day to moderate this thread.
So with that I shall now take the high road and say have a blessed day.

You do that bud. That way we can get back on topic....

Just back ordered 100 .308 220gr. This might be the answer for my 2016 moose hunt. I've been toying with several high bc 220gr and up match Bullets but wasn't sure how they would be for moose. I know there's a lot of controversy over using match bullets for hunting and I've never shot a moose with the 300RUM in any configuration so hopefully this will be the ideal combination.

In 220gr!!?? I want some, I want some!! lol.:D Where do I get them?!

DocB

It is always a trip to hear the mofos with the "how much" ? and waaaaahhhhh !!!!!

If you are asking that in reference to the most current and most tech advanced bullets on the market that have just been announced , be prepared to pay a premium $ ! Whining about the friggin penny ante difference only makes you look like a whiny *** ....

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.