Hornady ELD-X Official Thread

Good news today from Cabela's!

They are finally shipping me boxes of the 7mm 175gr ELD-X bullets I've had on backorder for a month or so. The 162gr still show as a 4-5 week backorder.

Now at least I'll have bullets I can load when my new Proof gets here in the next few weeks. I'd rather focus on the 162's to start but the 175's are at least something to get going with.

~Robert

I have played with the 178 and 200 gr in my ultra and I see no reason to switch over from the bergers or the barnes that I am using now. The eld X they have not shot any better then the other 2 bullets that I use and there's a 99% chance they will not be more effective at killing. This is the same craze that happened when the ABLR came to life . But they are a very nice looking bullet.

I have played with the 178 and 200 gr in my ultra and I see no reason to switch over from the bergers or the barnes that I am using now. The eld X they have not shot any better then the other 2 bullets that I use and there's a 99% chance they will not be more effective at killing. This is the same craze that happened when the ABLR came to life . But they are a very nice looking bullet.

Definitely use what works for YOU! My personal feeling is that the Barnes would work best for close to mid range, The Bergers out to about 800 yards or so, and the eldx would be superior at the longest ranges because they WILL expand better at lower velocities. Just my opinion........Rich

Definitely use what works for YOU! My personal feeling is that the Barnes would work best for close to mid range, The Bergers out to about 800 yards or so, and the eldx would be superior at the longest ranges because they WILL expand better at lower velocities. Just my opinion........Rich

That makes sense!

That makes sense!

For us guys that are pushing the boundaries of terminal performance. We see real value in the improvements Hornady has made with the ELD-X bullet. Frankly, if you are shooting inside 400-500 yards, the choice of bullet is mostly personal preference. If you are planning on taking game at extended ranges, it is imperative that you understand wound theory and terminal bullet performance characteristics. With that understanding, you should gravitate to the ELD-X bullet or other similar offerings on the market.

For us guys that are pushing the boundaries of terminal performance. We see real value in the improvements Hornady has made with the ELD-X bullet. Frankly, if you are shooting inside 400-500 yards, the choice of bullet is mostly personal preference. If you are planning on taking game at extended ranges, it is imperative that you understand wound theory and terminal bullet performance characteristics. With that understanding, you should gravitate to the ELD-X bullet or other similar offerings on the market.

Couldn't agree more!

No April Fools Joke. I received my 6 boxes of 175 eld-x from Cabela's today. Hopefully Gunwerks got there's so they can do the load data on my Mountain-x that I ordered in July.

Wow!! I didn't think I was that high on the food chain. If you don't mind, I'll ship some to you to do my load development. Unless there on the way to you. Let me know. Thanks!

Wow!! I didn't think I was that high on the food chain. If you don't mind, I'll ship some to you to do my load development. Unless there on the way to you. Let me know. Thanks!

I'm sure they are on the way, Cabelas is the big dog.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts