Hornady ELD-X Official Thread

I never told Rich this...

This caribou didn't stay on his feet too long, but he looked back from side to side during his death march. Somewhat confused. After I walked up and saw the blood trail, I suspected he either saw the blood exiting both sides of his rib cage, heard the blood splattering on the rocks, or both.

Hemorrhagic shock in the extreme.

Might as well. ELD's are unicorns - at least 7mm Not much to talk about otherwise !!

Hah! After we walked along the expressway of blood, I recall my son and I concluding that this caribou must have been thinking... this can't be good!

Here is the 600 lb Nilgai I killed 2 weeks ago with a 7LRM shooting a 7mm 180 gr Target hybrid Berger

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 119
I'll probably try to ELD's though once they start making them. Gunwerks guys like them and that's a pretty strong endorsement from my perspective. My main point to the gentlemen that was wondering when they will ever get supply is that there certainly are very good options already that are very deadly and don't melt etc.:)

Looking for some input regarding OAL. Has anyone loaded these in .308 for an LR/SR platform? I'm hoping to replace my 190 gr SMK load with a more hunting appropriate 200 gr ELD-X load. Wondering how these will perform with regard to Jump...

Looking for some input regarding OAL. Has anyone loaded these in .308 for an LR/SR platform? I'm hoping to replace my 190 gr SMK load with a more hunting appropriate 200 gr ELD-X load. Wondering how these will perform with regard to Jump...

Jump does not seen nearly as critical as the other vld's I have shot......Rich

Has anyone developed a good load for the 220gr Eld-x in a 300win mag? I can't find the 212gr bullets anywhere so I'm trying the 220gr. I was thinking Retumbo because I have 29" of barrel to let this slow powder burn to its full potential... However I can't find any info for Retumbo in the 220gf 300win.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.