High BC Hunting Bullets

DocUSMCRetired

Berger Bullets Releases (3) New Elite Hunter Bullets

Elite-Hunter-Bullet-Chart-Blog.jpg

The Elite Hunter Bullets provide serious reloaders and outdoor enthusiasts with the highest ballistic performance on today's market. These unequaled bullets share the same hybrid profile as our award-winning, Hybrid Target bullets which were used by 2016 U.S. F-Class Nationals competitors who swept in all classifications. This Berger-pioneered design combines the best of tangent and secant ogive features, resulting in unmatched downrange performance with less sensitivity to seating depth.

Elite Hunters are not limited to SAAMI standards. The much longer bullet nose produces ballistic coefficients (BC's) that rival all competitors' match-quality target bullets! The Elite Hunter bullets are ideal for use with factory rifles, extended magazine applications or single-feed custom-built platforms.

Berger Bullets President Eric Stecker states, "Our customers first inspired us to marry our industry-leading hybrid target design with a long-range hunting bullet. Their demands for a game-changing product that is easy to load and shoot, drops an animal in its tracks, and has no ballistic equal were answered when we first introduced our Elite Hunter. Today, we've added three new hybrid Elite Hunter offerings, now the most emulated bullet design in the industry for both hunting and target applications, exemplifying its success."

New Elite Hunter Series offerings are as follows; 6.5mm 140gr, 7mm 175gr, and 30 cal 180gr. Available now through your favorite Berger Bullets retail outlet. Read more about the new Elite Hunter bullets New Berger Elite Hunter Offerings Now Available! | Berger Bullets and new Berger Bullets load data for each new offering New Berger Elite Hunter Offerings Now Available! | Berger Bullets.

Elite-Hunter-Bullets-Blog.png

Wow. That 30 cal 180 looks stellar. That'll muscle up the 308 and 3006 for sure. I noticed it has the exact same BC as the 185 HYBRID. Is that coincidental or a misprint?

Thanks for sharing.

Both are Hybrid Designs, one just happens to be developed after years of experience developing Hybrids. But it is designed for Hunting, and has a BC that rivals other companies Match bullets. So you get the best of both worlds without any sacrifice.

Both are Hybrid Designs, one just happens to be developed after years of experience developing Hybrids. But it is designed for Hunting, and has a BC that rivals other companies Match bullets. So you get the best of both worlds without any sacrifice.

Thank you. For the first time in a long time I'm excited about a Berger offering!

Still no .257's I see...

Hey Doc, that 7mm 175...You think it would stabilize in a factory Rem w/ a 9.25" twist barrel? I know my STW is VERY close to proper SG with the 180 Hybrids (still shoots them under 1/2 MOA), just curious on your thoughts of the 175 in the same scenario, keeping it around 3,000 fps at around 500' ASL. Thinking if they will stabilize well, might jump from 168's to 175's in my 7mmRM.

Still no .257's I see...

Hey Doc, that 7mm 175...You think it would stabilize in a factory Rem w/ a 9.25" twist barrel? I know my STW is VERY close to proper SG with the 180 Hybrids (still shoots them under 1/2 MOA), just curious on your thoughts of the 175 in the same scenario, keeping it around 3,000 fps at around 500' ASL. Thinking if they will stabilize well, might jump from 168's to 175's in my 7mmRM.

I think you are dropping a lot of BC. Their is a chance for instability with this setup. Its basically Marginal at that point. Maybe an SG of around 1.3-1.4 or possibly lower. 6% +/- loss in BC. You are right on the edge, I would probably swap out to a better barrel that would allow me to play around with the 175-195gr offerings.

that 175 would probably be a little much for a 280AI huh? I was thinking about sticking in the 160 range?
I do have a 9 twist barrel??

that 175 would probably be a little much for a 280AI huh? I was thinking about sticking in the 160 rang??:rolleyes:

I shoot 185 VLD's out of my .30-06 AI around 2,900-3,000 with a 26" barrel. So, I don't think the 175's would be too much for the .280 AI...

That being said, I think the 168's are the true bread & butter with the .280 AI. The perfect mix of weight, velocity, and BC.

Doc, I still think we need those guys over there at Berger to come up with a heavy .257 Elite Hunter that works in the 1:10 twist barrels...

Remember, there are still LOTS of us who shoot .25-06, .257 Wby, .257 Roberts, .250 Savage, and many other numerous wildcats for whitetail deer and coyotes, and a heavy .257 Elite Hunter would be perfect for those at extended ranges.

Doc, I still think we need those guys over there at Berger to come up with a heavy .257 Elite Hunter that works in the 1:10 twist barrels...

Remember, there are still LOTS of us who shoot .25-06, .257 Wby, .257 Roberts, .250 Savage, and many other numerous wildcats for whitetail deer and coyotes, and a heavy .257 Elite Hunter would be perfect for those at extended ranges.

The poor long forgotten quarter bore. I thought the 270 had it bad. WOW. A 140+ Hybrid would make the 25 a viable LR round.

The poor long forgotten quarter bore. I thought the 270 had it bad. WOW. A 140+ Hybrid would make the 25 a viable LR round.

Yes, for too long we have fell by the wayside with a shadow cast over us as a non-integral caliber projectile in the grand scheme of things, thanks to fads, trends, and manufacturers choosing to ignore it. The newest fad is that everyone wants a 6.5-this or 6.5-that... Even the .224 caliber projectiles have heavies and high-BC projectiles. But the poor .257 had gotten repeatedly ignored.

Hell, a 130 Elite Hybrid would be a nasty one to compete against...A 140 to 145 would be insanely high BC, and would be incredible. I'd be just as happy with a 130 Elite, especially if they could shorten the bearing surface and tweak the ogive to handle the factory 1:10 twist... I doubt that will happen, but 117 and 120's work, so with enough calculations, maybe they would be able to squeak-out a 130 Elite Hybrid that would stabilize. At my .25-06 AI's velocities, it should be close to stable or marginally stable with a 1:10...

Hey Doc...
A little off topic but still Berger related.
I sent a email to Berger Tech support a week ago about load data for the 130 AR Match Hybrid for 6.5 Creedmoor.
They haven't got back to me, I'm wondering if I have a bad link, or you guys are just really busy.
Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.