6.5 bullets with the high bc

This is a 1942 husky, sporterized, been shooting the Sierra game king 140 grain with incredible results. Sierra tech support told me they used the same rifle to develop the 140 grain game king and to check out the 120 grain. I'll get back to you on the twist rate and barrel length

Any bullet will kill an antelope so just use what your rifle likes. I would guess yours will shoot anything around 1" and what it likes under 1". Don't get wrapped up in the must have a certain twist
Internet barbwire mess. Load up a couple different 130,140 range bullets and you will know real quick.

For antelope bullet placement is far more important than caliber or type. I prefer the boded or copper solids.

Pick a few and find what your rifle shoots best and go for it.

What ranges are you reaching out to
On My last antelope hunt my shot was 375 yards the other guys were out over 400 yards. Thanks
Farthest kill shot was whitetail doe at 522yrds. Closest 60yrds, whitetail doe. Bullet did perfect in both circumstances, 2719fps at the muzzle. Steel and rocks out to 1000+

No need to speed a fortune on Star Trek tank buster bullets for Speed-Goats. The 140 Sierra Game King, 143 Hornady ELD-X and 140 Nosler Ballistic Tip are all excellent performers on Antelope and deer. Find which your 6.5X55 likes best, I'd bet all will group well and go fetch a nice buck.

Recent Posts