7mm Rem Mag high bc bullets

Billinsd

What are some 7mm Rem Mag high bc bullets that are comercially produced in around 160 grains or so?

How would they compare with hand loaded Berger 168 grain Vlds as far as ballistics?

I wanted to see what my options are as far as factory ammo.

Thanks
Bill

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

I wanted to see what the flattest 160ish grain factory ammo was and then compare with handloaded 168 Bergers to see the difference.

I'd like to reload, however with a 5 year old daughter, 3 month old son and two wild hunting dogs, I do not have a lot of spare time.

I found these black hills 162 grain with a .62 bc, which is pretty good. They are not a big name brand like Winchester, which is fine.

So, it seems like there are some places that manufacture high quality ammo.

Also, Gunwerks makes 168 grain berger bullets.

If someone can come up with more let me know.

Thanks
Bill

Last edited:
+1 on the Accubonds. I shot the Federal Premium 7mm in 160 gr, and found them to be very accurate in my Model 700. They have a published velocity of around 2900 FPS, and are widely available.

The only factory ammo I shot out of my Rem 700 7mm Rem Mag was the 165gr. Sierra Game King loaded by Federal. It shot inside a dime at 100 yards with em so I never tried any other factory ammo. I only used them for hunting and never shot beyond 200 yards though.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.