High BC .257 bullets?

That will run like a scalded dog but you will need to use 2.960" mags like Alpha Type II's or if you are running BDL style out of an internal magazine just make sure it will feed well. I ran my 260 AI out of 2.960" AI style magazines for a long time pushing 140 Hybrids and VLDs over 3100 fps in 308 Palma brass I sized down and neck turned. Eventually I will neck that brass down to 257-260 AI 40 and see what it will do using that brass as my dummy round for reamer.
I bet the .260 AI necked-down to .257 pushing those 131's would be over 3,200 FPS MV... That's going to be nasty medicine for whitetails.

We want to keep that under wraps as much as possible but it will have a higher BC than the 131 ACE and be designed for long range hunting. Until we get prototypes made there won't be much more info except that the HTR is going to turn some heads.

Soooo...If the HTR is going to have a higher BC than the 131 ACE...would we expect to have a longer throated reamer for the HTR as compared to the ACE?

Are you also going to offer 25-284 reamers or at least make recommended specs available?

Soooo...If the HTR is going to have a higher BC than the 131 ACE...would we expect to have a longer throated reamer for the HTR as compared to the ACE?

Are you also going to offer 25-284 reamers or at least make recommended specs available?

With our current HTR dimension the Freebore in our reamers would need to change a little bit but guys might have their rifles broken in that much by year's end.

A real solution will be to have additional reamers, which will be usable with the 131 ACE too seated out further, and to have smiths simply run a throating reamer x number of thousandths to set it up again.

Don't want to give away too much in terms of design before we have final revision and prototypes but it won't be a drastic change from current freebore.

When I get a few hours of downtime I will spec out 25-06, 25-06 AI, 25-284, and some others so Manson and JGS have our preferred freebore specs on file. Not to make excuses but my dog was just diagnosed with lung cancer and other problems so I have been a little busy juggling this and that.

If you want to make a reamer for the 131 ACE consider the base-to-ogive 0.616" and add whatever margin you prefer on top of that. If you have room in your rifle/magazine setup and your cartridge's neck will accommodate loading as such add 0.035-45" and you will be in good shape for the HTR.

Thanks and please send me a PM or email to [email protected] if I go under the radar for a few days handling my dog Bear's appointments.

With our current HTR dimension the Freebore in our reamers would need to change a little bit but guys might have their rifles broken in that much by year's end.

A real solution will be to have additional reamers, which will be usable with the 131 ACE too seated out further, and to have smiths simply run a throating reamer x number of thousandths to set it up again.

Don't want to give away too much in terms of design before we have final revision and prototypes but it won't be a drastic change from current freebore.

When I get a few hours of downtime I will spec out 25-06, 25-06 AI, 25-284, and some others so Manson and JGS have our preferred freebore specs on file. Not to make excuses but my dog was just diagnosed with lung cancer and other problems so I have been a little busy juggling this and that.

If you want to make a reamer for the 131 ACE consider the base-to-ogive 0.616" and add whatever margin you prefer on top of that. If you have room in your rifle/magazine setup and your cartridge's neck will accommodate loading as such add 0.035-45" and you will be in good shape for the HTR.

Thanks and please send me a PM or email to [email protected] if I go under the radar for a few days handling my dog Bear's appointments.

Hope Bear does well...

Hate to hear about your dog...Hope he pulls through. My chocolate lab Jake had to be put down from a mysterious bacterial infection in his lungs. Not even the vet could figure it out, and before he showed any signs of anything being wrong, it was too late.

That was 10 years ago, hopefully soon I can get another dog.

Hate to hear about your dog...Hope he pulls through. My chocolate lab Jake had to be put down from a mysterious bacterial infection in his lungs. Not even the vet could figure it out, and before he showed any signs of anything being wrong, it was too late.

That was 10 years ago, hopefully soon I can get another dog.

We are doing biopsy Monday. It may indeed be the same type of thing. It may sound funny but we are doing a Living Wake Saturday for all his friends to see him before he goes into treatment. Rough Stuff.

I just started a thread about a new 25 bullet that I'll be putting to use as soon as possible. It's a 131 grain with a G7 BC of .330! That smokes the Berger 115 numbers if it shoots like the Bergers then I'm in business

I had a 25-06 AI, 26" barrel. The 115 Berger I got 3440 with IMR7977. It's pretty impressive deer medicine. Never shot one real far with it but a nice mule deer at 400 and another at about 350. I know those yardage's aren't anything out of the norm but those are the only critters I've shot with it.

I would try RL26 in it I bet that would do well

I just started a thread about a new 25 bullet that I'll be putting to use as soon as possible. It's a 131 grain with a G7 BC of .330! That smokes the Berger 115 numbers if it shoots like the Bergers then I'm in business

I had a 25-06 AI, 26" barrel. The 115 Berger I got 3440 with IMR7977. It's pretty impressive deer medicine. Never shot one real far with it but a nice mule deer at 400 and another at about 350. I know those yardage's aren't anything out of the norm but those are the only critters I've shot with it.

I would try RL26 in it I bet that would do well

What twist barrel is your 26" 25-06?

What twist barrel is your 26" 25-06?
1/10, 24" That was a factory Kimber it shot the 80-100 grain stuff great but 110-120 didn't shoot worth a crap.

The AI is 26" 1/10. I actually ordered a 1/9 for that rifle but a barrel maker I won't name haha sent me a 1/10. I didn't wait for another so used that for the AI. 1:8 on this upcoming project

1/10, 24" That was a factory Kimber it shot the 80-100 grain stuff great but 110-120 didn't shoot worth a crap.

The AI is 26" 1/10. I actually ordered a 1/9 for that rifle but a barrel maker I won't name haha sent me a 1/10. I didn't wait for another so used that for the AI. 1:8 on this upcoming project

Guys we are giving away 500 free 131 ACE bullets on Facebook. Just go to facebook.com/blackjackbulletco & share the post about our Get Comped program.

Still trying to figure out a way to include hunters in the Get Comped program - if you have ideas please let me know!

Everyone will receive a special item inside the boxes of bullets that will be key in the Get Comped program.

You could say it's a lot like Blackjack if you know what I mean.

facebook quality.jpg

Well...1:8 is what I'll get
Guys we are giving away 500 free 131 ACE bullets on Facebook. Just go to facebook.com/blackjackbulletco & share the post about our Get Comped program.

Still trying to figure out a way to include hunters in the Get Comped program - if you have ideas please let me know!

Everyone will receive a special item inside the boxes of bullets that will be key in the Get Comped program.

You could say it's a lot like Blackjack if you know what I mean.

View attachment 100581

Including hunters would be awesome.

Something like:

"take a 180 deer/320 bull" -100 Bullets
"Take a 200+ buck/380 bull" -500 Bullets"

*has to be DIY, public land
*has to be verified through video

Something like that??

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.