Here they come again 😏

We didn't have any in NYS until capitalism overroad wisdom...🤷🏻‍♂️
"Where Have Feral Hogs in New York Been Spotted? New York State documented four herds located in Tioga, Cortland/Onondaga, Delaware/Sullivan, and Clinton Counties. Escapees from wild boar hunting preserves are likely the source of some of this population".
Not enough guns in the State to keep up with wild pigs mating unchecked. I'm presently in Germany where hunting wild pigs (boar) is in focus because of disease that spreads to domestic pigs (Schweinepest)... but it hasn't put a dent in controlling the population... they're wandering around in cities where they can't be shot at...🤪
It's "drive hunt" season now... chasing them out of the woods and cornfields with dogs... so I guess I'll be back out in the woods again soon to continue doing my part to "assist"... 😂
I had a few experiences with the pigs in Germany in the 80s. They had me pulling extra guard duty. Tree me on top of tank. lol

Yea, drilled in oats and wheat in the fields had on field just starting to spread completely rooted. A total nuisance. Will start taking them down after Thanksgiving all I come across. The thermals scopes with cans sure do look interesting
I have 2 thermals and a can. I'm getting to where I use the thermals as hand held scanners to locate the critters, then use a green hunting light with a red dot or regular scope with illuminated reticle for shooting, especially if the expected ranges are anywhere close to 100 yds or less.
I have found range estimation and holdovers to be difficult with thermals. That said, I cut timber off my place last year so I have longer possible shooting distances now. I put my best thermal on a 6.5 CM so that holdovers are not a problem out to 250 yds or so.

I heard a Texas Wildlife biologist say the problem is the gilts become sexually mature in as little as 3-4 months of age and can have 2 to 3 litters of pigs per year. That's an average of 18 new pigs born every year for every sow, and if they lose the whole litter they come back into heat almost immediately.

Then he said: "Of those 18 piglets born, as many as 30 will survive! 😆😆😆
Now THAT`S what I call prolific!!!

I had this boar come out last night. He's a big one. Will be a good test for my 25 creedmoor with 121 Hammers, if he comes out when I am there.
downloaded638361024734765960.jpg
downloaded638361025369074030.jpg