Here they come again 😏

Actually, they are in southeast AZ. Willcox area and along the San Pedro, east of San Manuel.
Learn something new everyday....
Musta been illegals!!!! Lol, couldn't resist!
Is there alot? That's not my neck of the woods, but honestly, I'm not surprised. There is water, food...

I heard a Texas Wildlife biologist say the problem is the gilts become sexually mature in as little as 3-4 months of age and can have 2 to 3 litters of pigs per year. That's an average of 18 new pigs born every year for every sow, and if they lose the whole litter they come back into heat almost immediately.

Then he said: "Of those 18 piglets born, as many as 30 will survive! 😆😆😆
The gestation cycle for a mature sow is 3 month, 3 weeks and 3 days. So, they basically drop a litter almost every 4 months. Add in, like you stated, that the does become mature in about 3-4 months, and it's piglets everywhere. There's a reason why we can hunt hogs 24/7/365 by any means necessary in Texas.

Those of you in states that have none, consider yourself lucky. As a landowner, what damage they can do to pastures and crops in the field is incredible. The cost of the damage a single sounder can do over a year's time is incredible.
It's insane what they can do in a couple hours.
I am setting and waiting for them right now

New York reported them about 3 years ago, NY DEC wants you to take picture but don't kill them, Ya right, thats what we need here pigs ruining everything. Farrel farm animals are not endangered and don't' deserve protection.
Oh NY has a bunch of them. Wayyyyy too many. They wreak destruction and tend to congregate in Albany.

We need some in Nebraska
NO we don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go somewhere else that already has the problem and help them out!!!! There ARE already some in the southern part of the state. The DNR tells people NOT to shoot them. They want to trap or poison a whole sounder. If you shoot, there is a strong chance the sounder will just split up into more sounders. They don't want that.

NO we don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go somewhere else that already has the problem and help them out!!!! There ARE already some in the southern part of the state. The DNR tells people NOT to shoot them. They want to trap or poison a whole sounder. If you shoot, there is a strong chance the sounder will just split up into more sounders. They don't want that.
The trapping part hasn't worked out very well for the federal trappers.
The numbers have grown extremely fast since they stopped hog hunting on state and federal lands.
I have talked with the trappers several times the past 3 years and they aren't catching many.
Problem we have seen is if you miss catching them with the trap those that get away will never get close to one again and they teach others to do the same

The trapping part hasn't worked out very well for the federal trappers.
The numbers have grown extremely fast since they stopped hog hunting on state and federal lands.
I have talked with the trappers several times the past 3 years and they aren't catching many.
Problem we have seen is if you miss catching them with the trap those that get away will never get close to one again and they teach others to do the same
A lot of folks do not have an appreciation for how intelligent they are insofar as their ability to learn is concerned.

Actually, they are in southeast AZ. Willcox area and along the San Pedro, east of San Manuel.

Learn something new everyday....
Musta been illegals!!!! Lol, couldn't resist!
Is there alot? That's not my neck of the woods, but honestly, I'm not surprised. There is water, food...
So we should go hunting? I mean I'm only 2 hours north of Wilcox. I've heard rumors but never anyone say yes we have them. I've also heard rumors of a small herd of Aoudad over by Clifton but never heard any confirm that either.

I heard a Texas Wildlife biologist say the problem is the gilts become sexually mature in as little as 3-4 months of age and can have 2 to 3 litters of pigs per year. That's an average of 18 new pigs born every year for every sow, and if they lose the whole litter they come back into heat almost immediately.

Then he said: "Of those 18 piglets born, as many as 30 will survive! 😆😆😆
That must be the "new math" I've been hearing about.