Help me with Glass

I've got a rifle currently being built by Beanland Customs and wondering what everyone likes for a scope. Going to practice on shooting out to around 800 yards. Max budget is about $2k. The cartridge is a 7 Remington Magnum this will be primarily a hunting rifle.
In my 7mm custom for hunting I use huskama 5x20x50 with correct turrets about 1600.00 you cant go wrong rifle is a cooper model 52

Depending on your purpose:

Bushnell LRHS/LRTS 800-1000
Bushnell DMR 900-1200

Leupold Mark 5 3x18. 1800-2200

Vortex AMG right at 2k maybe a bit over

IOR Valdada 6x24 right at 2k

All good options

DMR2 $1200 and free Kestrel included is a smoking deal on a great scope right now while supplies last

If you want to go budget, I would take a look at the vortex strike eagle 5x25. This is a 30oz scope not a bad hunting/match crossover. If looking for something more highend, I would look around for some previously owned.

For the same quality as SWFA check out blackhoundoptics.com. They have been manufacturing scopes for 41 years for other companies to put their names on. They have finally decided to introduce their own line. They have a lifetime transferable warranty and come with rings, flip up caps and other nice a extras. Bright and clear through the full range edge to edge. Use code 6235097 for an additional 5% off and free shipping is included in the price. Check out some of the reviews on You Tube.

I have a custom 7RM that is my primary hunting rig and I've been using the NF NXS 3.5 x 15 for the last three years and its been a great setup!
I routinely shoot steel out to 1200yds and haven't found myself needing more, so for the ranges you mentioned it will be more than adequate. The low end is also really nice for hunting in the woods.

Ill admit I've been eyeing the new NX8 for the same reason, it gives me the low end for hunting and higher magnification for extended distance range trips. Having a 6GT built as we speak and Id like to transfer the NXS to the 6GT and put the NX8 on my 7RM.

I know everyone has said Nightforce and some of the other major brands, but I'd suggest the Athlon Cronus. It's the best I've looked through and the tracking has been great, for the money I don't think it can be beat! Also you will still have money left over. I bought one and a Spurh 20 moa rings 34mm all for less than what your Max is!

I would look strongly at March. Lightweight, low turrets,
excellent glass, tracks great. So far mine has taken the
recoil of my 338 and kept on ticking.
Thank-You
yup I am one of hated fan boys-cause I like my scope😎

I've got a rifle currently being built by Beanland Customs and wondering what everyone likes for a scope. Going to practice on shooting out to around 800 yards. Max budget is about $2k. The cartridge is a 7 Remington Magnum this will be primarily a hunting rifle.
The kahles is one of the best you can buy a majority of our 600 yd competitive shooters use kahles !

If you can find a Vortex AMG for close to $2000, stop right there and get it. You will never second guess yourself on this one. It is that good. You'll be satisfied for life.

Well since list is 3600 AND I SEE THEM AT 2500..I DO ONTO SEE THEM AT 2000..
WHAT ABOUT A SCOPE IN HIS PRICE RANGE ?

If you can find a Vortex AMG for close to $2000, stop right there and get it. You will never second guess yourself on this one. It is that good. You'll be satisfied for life.

I am a target shooter..plain and simple.
I used nf 12-42 can be had for 1000-1500.
you will never use the top end as a hunter.
it might add some fun to your plinking tho
yes 12x is tuff for low end
not sure but there is a 5.5x22x listed here..1700

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.