Help me choose my glass

Maybe you could include the max range you want to shoot?

Most of my hunting rifles are set up for 400-600 max range so dialing is a lower priority vs someone who wants to reach out farther, 800-1000+.

That being said, I really like the vx5hd, with the biggest downside being Leupold's reputation for tracking. Low light and general clarity are important to me, as is max magnification (after 50yrs, I need more magnification than I used to for reasons that are better served with a spotting scope).

I have one on a Kimber Montana 280ai ... the optika6 is too heavy for that rifle, IMO. So, weight is also important for a light carry rifle, again IMO.
Look at the Optica 5 I think their 1 in tube a lighter scope came out last year brand new series

My only disappointment with the Optika5 offering goes to OP's original point on low light ... if I want 3-15 vs. 4-20 then I'm stuck with 44mm objective.

The Vortex Razor LHT 3-15x50 ... I have not tried this but I've heard from several folks that its glass is on par with VX5HD and it tracks much better than the Leupold. Both have great warranties but the best warranties are those you never have to use. Unfortunately, I think you either pay money or weight for better reliability so you have to pick your poison.

My only disappointment with the Optika5 offering goes to OP's original point on low light ... if I want 3-15 vs. 4-20 then I'm stuck with 44mm objective.

The Vortex Razor LHT 3-15x50 ... I have not tried this but I've heard from several folks that its glass is on par with VX5HD and it tracks much better than the Leupold. Both have great warranties but the best warranties are those you never have to use. Unfortunately, I think you either pay money or weight for better reliability so you have to pick your poison.
Actually I went to Bass pro today to see if I could look through some. To me and my eyes, the VX5 had better low light clarity than the Vortex Rzr LHT. I was reading small words across the store in the dim areas.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.