Help me with Glass

ColtyJr

I've got a rifle currently being built by Beanland Customs and wondering what everyone likes for a scope. Going to practice on shooting out to around 800 yards. Max budget is about $2k. The cartridge is a 7 Remington Magnum this will be primarily a hunting rifle.

Last edited:
Well,
The following assumes that by a $2k budget, you mean you want to get the best you can for $2k. If that is not the case, that might be worth mentioning. So, for 2k, I think your best option would be something in a Nightforce NXS line. They strike the best balance between image quality, dependability, repeatability, features in that price range. Honestly, I do think that you could get something really good for less money, depending on the harshness of the conditions, expected lengths of shots, and any weight restrictions you might impose.

I don't need to spend $2k but I don't want to be looking at something different 6 months from now and don't want it to break at a inopportune time. Always up for suggestions. Length of shots would be roughly 800yds and would definitely like to stay under 30 oz.

Ive shot Leopold for a while and loved them, but I just got a new Swarovski 2.5-15x56 BT Z6 and it gets me right up to legal shooting light with NO problems! At the end of the day its all in your budget. Best thing is go to a gun store and look at all they have and see what you like best for the type of hunting you want to do. Id look at Leupold VX-5 HD's or the Swarovski 3-18 BT Z5.

I like the NF NXS and Zeiss V6. Not crazy about the NX8 when I can only use 70-80% of the effectiveness of the reticle due to being too small on the lower end or too large on the upper end.

Depending on your purpose:

Bushnell LRHS/LRTS 800-1000
Bushnell DMR 900-1200

Leupold Mark 5 3x18. 1800-2200

Vortex AMG right at 2k maybe a bit over

IOR Valdada 6x24 right at 2k

All good options

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.